Dear over 50's half term Herbert.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
User482 said:
Most years, I do a charity ride from Bristol - London, a distance of approx 110 miles. Last time, approx 40 miles in, I overtook a gent well in to his 60s, on a 3-speed post bike, and wearing a postman's uniform. He finished less than an hour later than me - respect!

It would have been 1/2 hour in front of you if he didn't have to keep stopping to post letters !! :biggrin: :evil:

onb

Guru
Have the older generation become the little Ba**ards of the future .....i blame TV you feed them on a diet of Last of the summer wine and Two fat ladies and what do you get ....anarchy, thats what[/quote]

Too ****ing right we have especially when self-gratification artists keep refer refering to people in there 50s as old:ohmy:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Steady on. I've only a couple of months to go until the big one. I can still do a 100 miler with energy to spare. I could be that man on a Galaxy.:evil:

One of the great things about being over 50 (currently 54) is that if some whippersnapper overtakes I can put it down to their youth and better bike, if I overtake them, it's my amazing fitness and superhuman stamina.

I saw an older people's cycling group out the other day. Seemed like any other - they were all trying to batter the legs off each other - only difference was they all acknowldged my wave as they panted by.

waist 28, legs draw gasps of amazement from admiring women, shoes specialized, bike tricross

boleary

I did a my first 200K audax this year. At the start there were guys on Galaxies with full Caradice saddle bags. No problem keeping up with this lot on my carbon racer I thought. Well they took off at a fierce pace and kept it up all day. At 100k I was trying to hang on. They looked as if it wasn't taking anything out of them. I now see these guys in a different light and have nothing but respect for them.

girofan

:ohmy: :smile: :biggrin: As a 'nearly dead' I realise as the years pass that I'm getting slower.
I am just grateful when passed to see someone younger than me carrying on the tradition of cycling.
There's too few of us about! :evil::becool::biggrin::becool::blush::becool::thumbsdown::becool:

Top Bottom