Dear vehicle drivers of London....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That crashed my computer...(The horn did):laugh:

Shocking but I don't think im surprised anymore.What an ar5£

scouserinlondon

I've recently gone to the darkside and bought a car, so am now a part time moton :blush:.

I can't say I've modified my actual cycling much since being a more regular car driver, but I'm super-cautious anyway. One thing I have done, is to have the Hope 1 on flash all the time. Although I rarely filter up the left I think a flashing light is likely to get you noticed in the left wing mirror more.

Left filtering is certainly the thing I've noticed cyclists taking risks on the most.

nasserblue

I almost always indicate when driving a car. The only times I do not are when it is clear that there is no one around to see the indication.

I always indicate when I'm driving, just because I can't see someone doesn't mean they are not there. Besides it gives me even more moral high ground as I turn into a side ride, and blast my horn at another pedestrian that just stepped into the side road, without the faintest look at what might be turning off the main road.

Indicating on my bike... I'd like to do more of it, but it is a worry taking any hands off my Brompton, never mind, looking round, signaling, breaking, changing gear, all in a short distance.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I do get frustrated by people not looking. But as a driver you should be aware that they could step out and adjust your speed accordingly.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Besides it gives me even more moral high ground as I turn into a side road, and blast my horn at another pedestrian that just stepped into the side road, without the faintest look at what might be turning off the main road.

That moral high ground is on some pretty shonky foundations, mate. "If the pedestrian has started crossing and traffic wants to turn into the road, they have priority and YOU should give way (see Rule 170)."

Of course, blindly following the Highway Code will often earn the pedestrian (and cyclist) a nice headstone, but still... When in any kind of doubt, give way. Peds, bikes, cars, horses... We're all road users.

Top Bottom