Decathlon 300 shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bought 2 more pairs of these at x mas the same size as the 3 shorts that they used to do , the right size according to the size guide and they fit ok round the waist and lower thigh but they are cut a lot tighter around the hip area , so much so that it was uncomfy to ride in them.
I do have chunky legs for my size but this is ridiculous, not even worth taking them back as the cost of petrol outweighs the cost of a new pair .
I cant take em back because foolishly took the size labels out as they annoy me when riding ( decathlon labels are huge )

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yep the labels are mahoosive, bought two pairs of the XC 700 bibs at Christmas in the sale, quite tight fit but not used them yet, mabe I should go for spin with one of the pair first? BTW I`m an XL in the more european brands but L seemed tight but not too tight at decathlon.Funnily enough my lusso short are an L but they are defo looser in fitting.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yep the labels are mahoosive, bought two pairs of the XC 700 bibs at Christmas in the sale, quite tight fit but not used them yet, mabe I should go for spin with one of the pair first? BTW I`m an XL in the more european brands but L seemed tight but not too tight at decathlon.Funnily enough my lusso short are an L but they are defo looser in fitting.
I would , in the past i liked their stuff as it was proper uk sizing .

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
forgot to reply back on this, shorts are good, thought they were a bit tight ( large )at first but no i would say they are perfect. Pad is comfy and no shredding of the wedding tackle neither.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ok update on my Decathlon XC 700 shorts about to try out the returns on these or at least an exchange, stitching has started to come away at the pad on one side. Not had huge amounts of use and been washed sensibly so going to try and find my receipt and take them back.

Tankengine

The last pairs of decathlon bib shorts I bought lasted about 4-5 months of riding before the stitching came away on one side. They did get a lot of wear and they were a lot cheaper then a lot of other bib shorts. Their bib tights haven't come apart yet (about 4 months of wear) though.

I think there bibs shorts/tights are good when you're on a budget or doing shorter rides but they get pretty uncomfy on 30+ miles for me.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
well issued a refund, no exchange offered, they don`t do the same shorts now anyway by looks of things. I do have another pair which are unworn so will see how those go, now looking around for something else.

yerteasoot

I have these in long bibs, they are ok for short cycling but too long on the bike and the pad is useless also the stitching is poor and rubs a little. I have altura shorts and they are much better quality and didn't cost me much more

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
second pair now fraying at the pad area, same area as before, I wonder if that is where the machine starts and finishes with the needle etc during manufacture ? Anyway going back should of stuck with Lusso or similar?

Top Bottom