decathlon clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a couple of the cheap tops and they have been fine. My only minor gripe is they have one large single rear pocket not two or three separated ones, but this is a minor gripe. They are as everyone has said very good vfm, I would choose them over the Sportsdirect Muddyfox stuff everytime.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
How many of the £7 items would wear out before a single £50 item?

The only cycling items I have ever discarded due to wearing out or lack of comfort are the cheap items I have purchased.

I just wouldn't bother with cheap goods now; unless I had no other option.

Dunno - never bought 50 quid shorts! I have a few B:Twin pairs still in service though, that have been going for 3 years. Shame they are too big for me now and the padded section is half unstitched - but they're usable, nonetheless...

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My opinion is that the cheap jerseys are ok, especially for training, fresh one every day, but I would prefer to pay more and get something slightly better to wear on long rides. Also the pockets were annoying on the cheap jerseys.

The shorts however, well....... I was not impressed at all in the bib's I bought, which were ironically one of the more expensive ones they sell. but this is only 1 line of shorts, not all of them!

Scarily their quality isn't much less than the Rapha stuff IMHO, especially considering the price difference. As for the rear pockets, that can be sorted with a needle and thread, and maybe a new zip.

How many of the £7 items would wear out before a single £50 item?

The only cycling items I have ever discarded due to wearing out or lack of comfort are the cheap items I have purchased.

I just wouldn't bother with cheap goods now; unless I had no other option.

You're missing a big mark on the price points for Decathlon, they're the biggest sports company in Europe, so they're able to purchase at a much lower price than anyone else.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My opinion is that the cheap jerseys are ok, especially for training, fresh one every day, but I would prefer to pay more and get something slightly better to wear on long rides. Also the pockets were annoying on the cheap jerseys.

The shorts however, well....... I was not impressed at all in the bib's I bought, which were ironically one of the more expensive ones they sell. but this is only 1 line of shorts, not all of them!
I bought some bib tights which are a really curious cut. Though I'm slender with a long body and shortish legs the crotch won't fit snugly and I'm permanently having to rearrange my undercarriage. Apart from these, I haven't had any problem with Decathlon's cheap and cheerful clothing.

The point about a single pair of £50 shorts versus several £7 pairs might be a bit misleading because it's not one pair unless you wear them unwashed or only ride after each washload. As I'm not rich, I've settled on DHB shorts which seem well made and fit snugly for a reasonable price.

karl61

i have bought a pair of blue shorts from here also the blue top, shorts are comfy with good leg grippers, top fine but agree with earlier about the 1 pocket, and also the rain jacket wet both sides after wearing, but saying that, for casual sunday cycling its not a problem.

subaqua

What’s the point
Tops and shorts are grand. Only quibble I have is if you wear the rain jackets for any length of time you end up pretty wet on the inside too. Also they don't have a pocket.

thats not a decathlon only isue. that happens to all non breathable non wicking rain jackets

SamG40

I've bought pretty much nothing but decathlon stuff since I started in April and its been great for the money. I did 62 miles in the shorts on Sunday and they were fine. As others have said I havent really got anything to compare it to but certainly for commuting in I'm more than happy with them.

Nosaj

I bought some £7.99 Decathlon Shorts used about 2 years and recently got some Altura bibs circa £ 40? used about 4 months. I also bought some padded shorts of an unkown brand for £15.00 and that was a total false economy as they were binned after no time. Here is my comparison:

Stitching - Declathlon has no holes or problems with stitiching the altura has a small hole right at the very top of the short where the stitching has come apart

Decathlon Pad is thinner than the Altura however that is after two years at the time the pad didn't feel inadequate but if I compared new with new I bet it would.

Decathlon material is thinner than the Altura material

I would probably not buy either again as I have some Mavic Longs and was very impressed but if i had to choose between the two I would probably opt for the Altura. Having said that if you don't want to spend too much but don't want crap either then you will not go far wrong with decathlon. Decathlon also do a range of mid and higher end/pricier stuff (higher end pricier stuff oin the decathlon not assos sense) and I did buy one of their one road so many ways tops the quality was really good but it made me looked really fat so I didn't wear it much. I have now lost some weight and it no longer fits me.

I also rode one of their high end bikes 2.5k carbon jobbies with Sram red one hell of a bike for the money

Top Bottom