decathlon clothing

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by hero of valour, 15 Aug 2012.

1. hero of valour

hero of valour Well-Known Member

is it any good? just seen jerseys for a fiver and jackets for a tenner....surely to good to be true??

2. PpPete

PpPete Guru

Not seen those particular items but I've had other clothes from Decathlon which has been very good.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

3. Primal Scream

Primal Scream Get your rocks off

Mostly good value, I was in there yesterday, shorts £14, top £12, Socks £4, did 15 miles last night, not far I know but it all seems ok.

4. Primal Scream

Primal Scream Get your rocks off

My first lycra btw, felt a bit self consious :blush:

5. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

For a measly fiver it's worth buying just to see if it's any nick.
    if not throw away or give to someone else.

6. OP
    OP
    hero of valour

hero of valour Well-Known Member

i'd rather know if any good before i buy. cant be bothered to waste my time if its shite

7. pawl

pawl Veteran

I find there shorts can be on the small side.I normaly wear medium but need large from Decathlon.Quality appears good,

8. Sittingduck

Sittingduck Guru

Had a number of the shorts in the past 4 years. £7 a go... never let it be said that I'm tight-fisted :rolleyes:
    They do the job but the stitching around the padded sections is prone to coming apart quite quickly. You get what you pay for, I suppose but I'm loathed to cough up 50 notes for such things.

9. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

How many of the £7 items would wear out before a single £50 item?

The only cycling items I have ever discarded due to wearing out or lack of comfort are the cheap items I have purchased.

I just wouldn't bother with cheap goods now; unless I had no other option.

10. Rob500

Rob500 Well-Known Member

I have 2 pair of their cheap £7.99 shorts and 2 of their £7.99 SS Blue tops. (Now @ £5 online)

I've had no issues with them but then again I've never owned the proper dear stuff so can't compare.

11. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

They are AWESOME

Decathlon clothing is by and large very good VFM.

I have quite a bit of their stuff and very happy with it.

12. Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers Well-Known Member

i have a pair of the £6.99 Lycra Shorts (NON Padded) and they are a great fit and very comfortable, i have only worn them for running in so can't comment on cycling comfort. But i will returning to purchase the Padded version. Having said that i have never worn anything of a more Expensive stuff so can't really compare. Hope this helps? :thumbsup:

13. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Active Member

I found the 5 series shorts tops to be the best value/performance compromise for me. Got a pair of the 7 series shorts and while the padding great the tend to shift around a lot

14. cyberknight

cyberknight As long as I breathe, I attack.

A long time, i use the basic shorts for commuting and they are still going strong after a couple of years , you must have bought some real dodgy stuff as the decathlon stuff is well made for the price and i have had no issues at all with loose stitching etc and the only signs of age on them is a bit of bobbling on the outside where i sit.
    The 5 shorts are as good quality for comfort and durabilty than some of the kit that my clubmates have paid a lot more for , they have certainly lasted and are comfortable on club runs and sportives ( my legs give up before my behind )
    Decathlon stuff might be budget but they punch well above their weight, given a choice i would take a trip there rather than buy the lidl/aldi kit now as they do fit into the cheap and cheerful by comparison.

15. ushills

ushills Senior Member

Nowt wrong with any of the shorts in my opinion. Lasted as well and as comfortable as my old caratti ones

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice