decathlon clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Not seen those particular items but I've had other clothes from Decathlon which has been very good.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
For a measly fiver it's worth buying just to see if it's any nick.
if not throw away or give to someone else.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Had a number of the shorts in the past 4 years. £7 a go... never let it be said that I'm tight-fisted :rolleyes:
They do the job but the stitching around the padded sections is prone to coming apart quite quickly. You get what you pay for, I suppose but I'm loathed to cough up 50 notes for such things.

Blue

Legendary Member
How many of the £7 items would wear out before a single £50 item?

The only cycling items I have ever discarded due to wearing out or lack of comfort are the cheap items I have purchased.

I just wouldn't bother with cheap goods now; unless I had no other option.

Rob500

I have 2 pair of their cheap £7.99 shorts and 2 of their £7.99 SS Blue tops. (Now @ £5 online)

I've had no issues with them but then again I've never owned the proper dear stuff so can't compare.

Gaz Vickers

i have a pair of the £6.99 Lycra Shorts (NON Padded) and they are a great fit and very comfortable, i have only worn them for running in so can't comment on cycling comfort. But i will returning to purchase the Padded version. Having said that i have never worn anything of a more Expensive stuff so can't really compare. Hope this helps? :thumbsup:

wealthysoup

I found the 5 series shorts tops to be the best value/performance compromise for me. Got a pair of the 7 series shorts and while the padding great the tend to shift around a lot

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
How many of the £7 items would wear out before a single £50 item?

The only cycling items I have ever discarded due to wearing out or lack of comfort are the cheap items I have purchased.

I just wouldn't bother with cheap goods now; unless I had no other option.

A long time, i use the basic shorts for commuting and they are still going strong after a couple of years , you must have bought some real dodgy stuff as the decathlon stuff is well made for the price and i have had no issues at all with loose stitching etc and the only signs of age on them is a bit of bobbling on the outside where i sit.
The 5 shorts are as good quality for comfort and durabilty than some of the kit that my clubmates have paid a lot more for , they have certainly lasted and are comfortable on club runs and sportives ( my legs give up before my behind )
Decathlon stuff might be budget but they punch well above their weight, given a choice i would take a trip there rather than buy the lidl/aldi kit now as they do fit into the cheap and cheerful by comparison.

ushills

Veteran
Nowt wrong with any of the shorts in my opinion. Lasted as well and as comfortable as my old caratti ones

Top Bottom