Decathlon Elops 500 rucksack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Anyone got one of these ? Looks like an ortlieb knock off ? At half the price. Currently using a Timbuck2 messenger bag , have done for last 3-4 years . It’s a quality bit of kit but it’s a wee bit small for what I need to carry.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
At half the price of an Ortlieb and with the normal good quality of Decathlon products, I would say its a bargain.

si_c

Guru
Definitely worth a punt. I just replaced my Deuter 20L backpack with another but if I'd seen that before I may very well have opted for that instead. That being said I don't need three commuting backpacks so I'll hold off for now. Might be worth doing a review on here if you do get one.

avsd

Guru
Read the description on the Decathalon site​
'A bag you can use any time for rides of up to one hour, regardless of the weather conditions. Not suitable for cycle touring'.​
Looks like a decent bag for commuting but not a day in the rain​

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ok I bought it , first impressions are it’s got loads of space. Inside padded slot for my laptop and a couple if internal pockets. One side entry point as well. Shall see how it goes for the commute.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Seeing this thread has reminded me that I'm in the market for a pair of new panniers. Their pair of Elops waterproof pannier bags at £50 look a great bargain.

I've been eyeing this one up for a while - but covid put a pay to my use for it. Well, for now, anyways.

Although I do have a pair of their £20-ish roll-top single panniers which do get a good bit of use. One lives on my hybrid permanently these days. After two and a half years of light-to-medium use they're still good. I can heartily recommend them.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ok first commute with it and it rained heavily . Bag inside was dry as a bone. It’s very comfy doesn’t move around, even with only a chest strap . So far I’d recommend it.
It’s got padded pocket for my laptop, a zipped pocket inside that can be accessed from the top of the bag or from the zipped side access slot. There is also a third pocket as well. Rest of the bag is decent enough to load up the usual . Lunch and personal belongings. Loops on the back to hang a light.

Top Bottom