Decathlon or halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
shumidrives said:
im seeing a trend here halfords have good offers but rubbish service!
decathlon are ace!!!

- but very few and far between!

B-B-BikeyStrike!

My 2 pence worth- the Halfords in Colchester are actually alright. They're OK about letting you have a test ride in most circumstances and they seem to employ staff who actually do proper cycling. All seem about 18 years old though, but they are friendly.

The Decathlon on Surrey Queys seem OK - I actually take my bike to be serviced there as they do a decent job at a fair price.

Dave5N

Über Member
I have a (very) cheap Decathlon road bike. It's pretty damn good, for the price.

The mechanic must have spent 30 minutes on it before I bought it. Didn't have the heart to tell him when he handed it over that I was taking it straight home and taking it all to bits - I bought it because I needed some shifters and the bike was cheaper than I could get shifters on their own.

However, I since rebuilt it and it is pretty ok.

Jonathan M

+1 decathlon.

No one has mentioned their loyalty card system that earns vouchers either.

Our nearest is Stockport, so a 60-70 mile round trip, but we tend to make a couple of trips a year, really great to go in the summer and get Josh's new "school coat" etc. Might be slightly more ££ than Tesco & Asda, but better quality. He's got one of their sailing coats this winter.

hodsgod

Decathlon is great, I live about 10 miles from one and have bought a lot of stuff there and never been diappointed.

Top Bottom