Decathlon Rockrider 520

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Lookjng to buy a new bike for my youngest lad he is 11. The Rockrider seemed cracking value for £249 in small. However colour he liked is not in stock, is there anything else worth considering? Just saw some posts about pinnacle bikes I assume from Evans ?

Quick nose on Evans and there is hee haw for similar budget.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It's a tricky age that's for sure. My 11 yr old has managed on a range of used and Frankenstein bikes. Currently just about getting away with a full size retro 90s Kona rigid but growing into it fast! I will buy him something brand new soon...... :blush:

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Older brothers bikes are medium and large, my Carrera MTB will be tarted up and passed down to him at some point , it’s just a bit big for him just now at 18”

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I ended up getting my 12 yr old lad a Verenti Mesh, one of Wiggles own brand bikes. Since it's also big enough for me, he'll never out grow it, and it's pretty well specced for the money

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Something second-hand from nearby, then sell it on for negligible loss when he's outgrown it?
Not much and a bit of a gamble waiting for something . My eldest two boys have had second hand bikes , good ones at that! So not averse to going down that route ! In fact went into the Bike Station yesterday hoping to pick up a bargain but nowt!

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
He doesnt want a bike because the colour he likes isnt in stock, so you ask us to recommend something and you dont say what colour he is after? How does that work then?
If it was me I'd be encouraging him to have a look himself on the internet as only he seems to know what hes after.
He is 11, he doesn`t want pink, is that helpful !

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
We did, he liked it, I liked it , can`t order the dark blue one online in a small, we could the lime one, so might have go with that. Was just asking of any other options at that price bracket, however thank you for the suggestions !

Top Bottom