Decathlon Rockrider 8.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AK786

Hi

I'm thinking of getting Rockrider 8.0 2010 from decathlon. Currently priced at £399 in store.

I will be getting it under the cycle scheme, which will cost me just under £250 with helmet and bike lock.

I know the price is very good, but is the bike any good?

go easy on me I'm a newbie to cycling :tongue:

ta

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Decathlon bikes are good value for money and well regarded. It is a mountain bike though so will be a bit heavier than a similar priced hybrid type bike, (which Decathlon also sell) which would be more suitable for road riding if you are looking for a pure commuter bike.
If you are thinking of doing some trail riding as well as commuting the Rockrider 8 looks fine and you can lock the suspension out when on the road.

Hope this helps rather than confuses.

subaqua

What’s the point
I have the rockrider 8.1 and it is a truly amazing bike. I am using it for the commute this week as i am going the "scenic route" off road for a good chunk.

its not overly heavy and takes a good amount of abuse from me.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I use a 2001 Decathalon Rockrider (before they started branding them B'Twin) as my second commuter when my Hybrid is off the road. It is a great bike for the price and has done me proud over 10 years.

It has slick tyres to run better on the roads, but it is about 3-4 mph slower over my 12 mile commute.

thecryof

I have the Rockrider 6.2 and just completed 1000 mile on it, 98% of which was off-road.

Had no problems whatsoever, love it.

I too have the 6.2 (lol), it's a tank. I'm just getting back into Cycling as I am now 42 but have loved it since I was 20 something, so far with this 6.2 I've done more KM's than ever. Just got off it after a 46,30 km ride this morning with an average speed of 19,65 km/h, not bad I think considering the weight of it and also the stock fat tires. I'm really interested in a road bike, but need to wait a bit for one of those. Total KM's so far on the 6.2 is 235.87, guess I'm building up some good muscles for the forth coming road bike :smile:

I'd say the Rockrider 6.2 is a good commuter, off-season/winter bike. I'll happily keep it for a 2nd fun bike.

Edit: I forgot to add that I have tightened that center spring, was annoying to have the frame jump each time I peddled.

Top Bottom