Decathlon sleeping bag/mattress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Saw one in my local decathlon last week. They are not exactly touring friendly size.

stephenjubb

Über Member
not meaning to be rude you'd be crackers to buy that bag. It is HEAVY!!! at min 1760 and won't keep you warm if Jack Frost comes to visit.

For £15 more you can get a Down Bag for £80-£90 (depending on size) from Alpkit, 400g lighter, comfort down to -5, lasts longer, smaller pack size

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16320&category_id=253

and the company have a good reputation (search for them on here) and will last longer.

The only downside to Down is you have to keep it dry and they are harder to clean.

HTH

Steve

stephenjubb

Über Member
Sorry just seen it has built in mattress hence the weight, this may be a disadvantage if you sleep on your side, so may still be impractical

andym

Über Member
I don't have that particular decathlon bag but I have an S10 ultralight and it's been excellent. All the decathlon own brand stuff is excellent.

But then again so is the alpkit stuff.

That particular bag does look heavy even if it includes a mattress.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
+1 for the S10 ultralight, comes in it's own compression sack so squeezes down nice and small.

andym

Über Member
upsidedown said:
+1 for the S10 ultralight, comes in it's own compression sack so squeezes down nice and small.

You have to squeeze it down really small to get the bl**dy thing in the stuff sack! :ohmy:

Top Bottom