decathlon sport two touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Hi i suppose this has probably been asked before but does anybody know if its possible to use to decathlon sport 2 as a light tourer or any of there more basic road bikes.
Ie would you be able to fit a proper rack and and get a tent and sleeping bag + other bits without it giveing up the ghost.
Managed just about to tour on my marin palisides trail but wasn't exactly ideal with only a seatpost rack.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
miloat said:
Hi i suppose this has probably been asked before but does anybody know if its possible to use to decathlon sport 2 as a light tourer or any of there more basic road bikes.
Ie would you be able to fit a proper rack and and get a tent and sleeping bag + other bits without it giveing up the ghost.
Managed just about to tour on my marin palisides trail but wasn't exactly ideal with only a seatpost rack.

I do not recall there being any mounting points for a rack on any of the Decathlon road bikes. The upper mounting points can be created with P-clips and possibly at the bottom too.

Very few new road bikes have rack/mudguard mounting points and very few of them have mudguard clearance should you want to fit them.

I've toured on a road bike and although it did the job, I found that my hybrid and tourer did the job better.

Scan the small ads and the for sale forums of the online cycling fraternity to see if you can pick up s/h bargain.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't think I'd fancy tourimg on one with any kind of weight. There must be better budget options for touring than the Sport. Dawes Horizon, Raleigh Venture to name but two.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
rich p said:
Funnily enough, John, I've got one for sale in the classifieds section as we speak. I forgot about that!

Might be worth giving a user's impression of it for the op - I was tempted by one when I was looking at bikes, but didn't think I'd get on with Sora gearing, so I've never test ridden one. The EBC bikes always seem cracking value for the spec to me though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
John the Monkey said:
Might be worth giving a user's impression of it for the op - I was tempted by one when I was looking at bikes, but didn't think I'd get on with Sora gearing, so I've never test ridden one. The EBC bikes always seem cracking value for the spec to me though.

This is the thread for my Coop tourer

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7571

It's my wife's bike but she loves the Sora and finds them much easier to use with small hands and reach. Unfortunately the small size is still too big for her!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
miloat said:
ooh that looks nice im about 5 foot 8 il have a think and get back to you.

I've pm-ed you back. Where are you based?

Top Bottom