Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
Their stores in France are really good. In particular, the one at Avignon Nord is incredible. Absolutely huge with a massive range of stuff. What I really like about it is that each aisle must be some 15feet wide. Room to stand back think. The service isn't very good but I'm coming to understand that's a French thing. Or maybe a 21st Century thing actually.
love the wide aisles in Decathlon, don't think i've ever been in and there is not a kid trying out their new bike up and down the aisles

Goggs

Guru
So they're the same in Scotland then? That's good to know. Decathlon must have only started in Scotland since we moved to Europe. Same with Edinburgh Bicycle - I only discovered a couple of weeks ago they'd opened branches abroad.

G3CWI

Veteran
their bikes leave a lot to be desired in the quality stakes

As a happy Triban 3 owner I would have had to disagree. However, my Triban 540 has turned into a bit of a tale of woe starting with me being unable to fix it, then taking it a bike shop who were also unable to fix it. Decathlon have refunded my costs but in the meantime a new T540 has been released and it's is not available in a small so after a month I still have no T540. I will wait another week and ask for a refund I think.

Last edited:

Wetdog

On a slightly different note, my Decathlon is a good shop. The only thing that holds it back is that not 1, yes that's right not 1 of them speaks English. They have more Languages than Africa :rolleyes:

Goggs

Guru
On a slightly different note, my Decathlon is a good shop. The only thing that holds it back is that not 1, yes that's right not 1 of them speaks English. They have more Languages than Africa :rolleyes:

Same here. That's the French for you.

[QUOTE 4447254, member: 259"]Does 'abroad' mean Yorkshire?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I had a mixed experience in Decathlon. Went in with a friend and her daughter, to buy the daughter a bike to use around campus. Delightfully, she fell in love with the cheapest of the city bikes. But then we spoke to the assistant. He told her it was not suitable for daily use. Had a look on their website, and to differentiate between the different models, the cheapest was for "occasional use" and then the more expensive were for regular use.

Nearly cost them the sale, because that was the bike she wanted. Anyway, I reviewed the components, looked at the frame (she's not heavy) and decided he was wrong. I now see they have changed the recommendation to "occasional use or regular short journeys around town" which is perfect. It's survived a year so far, being stored outside, and she still loves it.

Top Bottom