Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mossy

+1
My local store does not stock the full range and ordering it is slow!
But good for the money.Agree with the comments above especially on the mid price gear.
Their walking stuff is fantastic value for money .

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Just been to Stockport, seem to have persuaded myself i needed to buy the Mavic Aksium wheelset as it was only £129 then as i was there a new jersey and bib shorts seemed essential, then my son needed some new football boots and a pair of shin pads. I managed to put back the fishing rod but it was a close thing.:wacko::biggrin:

rusky

CC Addict
I went to one in France last week, could only spend 20 mins in there as the wife was waiting in a hot car:sad:

I'm tempted by the B'Twin Sport 1 though as I don't have a road bike yet:evil: It's more expensive in France too!

The cycling shorts looked good value but due to said wife, couldn't do anything about it :laugh:

mossy

See we told you it was additive!!!
Hacienda's story is a warning to all.You go in for one thing and the store "siren" gets you buy other "essencials".
Be warned .(But great gear).

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've had a variety of kit from them over the years, and it's all been good.
Sadly, I managed to kill my snowblades in La Norma this Easter :wacko:
10 years hard use for £80 = bargain.
I couldn't use the ski-suit I got once, though. It was far too warm!

tiswas-steve

Über Member
rusky said:
You're not normal :smile:

Mind you, I had to run out the shop while wearing blinkers so nothing caught my wanting eyes.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Sheffield store is excellent.:ohmy:

I walk and cycle and their blue products (cheap stuff) are very good value and a notch above the Aldi /Lidl stuff.

I have road bibs, road tights, road tops, MTB tops, mtb shorts, SKS track pump, SKS Mud X + X3 dirtboards.

All well priced, at least as cheap as mail order, free parking too.

oh and hot chicks at the checkout.... what more could you want !!!:biggrin:

They used to do a steel framed road bike for £170, nearly bought one but it is now discontinued. :smile:

Most items carry a 2 year warranty.

mangaman

Vidor06 said:
Decathlon opens its first store in Northern Ireland in a couple of weeks time and its only a mile or so from where I live. So what are they good for? Would you buy a bike off them or are they just good for bits and bobs? We dont have an Evans or anything like that so apart from Halfords this is the only bike chain available in NI.

I've not bought a bike from them, but their general range is superb.

As it happens I am wearing Decathalon shirt and trousers right now - having just got back from tennis training. I think the T-shirt was about 3 Euros and is very good quality.

Definitely a must do - even if it is for clothes alone.

Crankarm

Guru
Decathlon rocks. Good stuff at affordable prices. If ever I'm passing one I can't resist popping in. Sadly I don't pass one that often being in the East. I have Decathlon cycling helmet and cycling shorts, jerseys, fleece hats and neck wamers, gloves, trousers, bottles, brake blocks and cables. In France there is a Decathlon in most large towns and several in large cities. Lucky b*****ds. I suppose the French are a much more sporting nation than the British who are essentially a nation of fat slobs :biggrin:. I wish they would open one in Cambridge.

soulful dog

Veteran
I've only been once so far, looks like the kind of place where you could spend loads! I bought two sale items, a MTB style jersey and a jacket with removable sleeves, total cost £20. The jacket is great and has relegated my Altura Nightvision to the back of the wardrobe for all but cold winter days.

I have two Decathlon bikes: a beach cruiser for the wife and a Decathlon Fitness 3 for me. It was a hair under £500 and has carbon seat stays and forks, Shimano Sora 9 speed transmission, Hutchinson tyres with foldable Kevlar beads, and a decent Selle saddle. There's nothing else at this price which compares.

I have loads of Decathlon kit, as do my wife and children. It is of reasonable quality and keenly priced.

I recently bought a Sigma bike computer for £10 less than Amazon, Wiggle and Chain Reaction were selling it for.

mangaman

rusky said:
I went to one in France last week, could only spend 20 mins in there as the wife was waiting in a hot car:sad:

Remember rusky - A wife is for life/not just for Christmas :angry:

Always remember to leave the window down a bit so she can get some air.

Top Bottom