Decathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I went down to the London one today full of expectation after reading all the comments on here.

To be honest, I was disappointed.

I came away with the pair of shorts I wanted, but was tempted by nothing else at all.The kit is OK, but nothing special, and whilst it is cheap, it's not really anything special, similar deals can be found all over the place.

Staff were pretty disinterested too.

Maybe I'm not as much of an 'outdoorsman' as some of you, but I thought the store wasn't as good as some people were making out...

Globalti

Legendary Member
I got some socks there in the right colours for my bike; wasn't expecting much but they've turned out to be my favourite cycling socks. We went to the Stockport shop, I was intrigued by the plastic horse all dressed up in equine bondage gear, I nearly bought a riding crop to keep my unruly family in order.

carpiste

Guru
Just bought some new glasses from Stockport branch, 4 different lenses, fit like a glove and look cool. Also come in a really neat case for under £15 !

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I have found some of the sizes strange.  Hiking trousers come in small/medium/large/etc no waist/leg lengths.  I looked at the £9.99 road tights today - very little arse padding.

Look around the running stuff as some of that is good for cycling as well.  I bought a running top for when I go skiing and use it for biking in the autumn.

rusky

CC Addict
I'm on holiday in France this week so have been to 6 stores & got some nice kit. Found their baggy shorts were too short so ended up getting the longer walking shorts which I prefer anyway!

Top Bottom