Decent non padded thermal tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone recommend any which look pretty good but which aren't, like a fair bit of cycling clothing, some barmy price?

Have always rather liked Pearl Izumi stuff but a tad wary of ordering directly from them these days as I may these days fall between sizes.

I'm looking for:

no pad - I wear a separate thing underneath.

zip fastening at the bottom of the legs - not sure I'd find those stirrup things comfortable/they always seem a tad childish.

Sppose if I hang on until late December there are going to be sales as summer beckons?

screenman

Legendary Member
Stirrups every time for me, stops them riding up. Thanks for calling this old guy childish, makes a change from some of the other names.

Impsport for me in thermal bottoms.

U

User6179

Lusso max repel, not worn them yet as I am still wearing my Spring/Autumn tights but the sizing is spot on and unpadded as I like to double up down there with bib shorts once it gets really cold .

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Stirrups every time for me, stops them riding up. Thanks for calling this old guy childish, makes a change from some of the other names.

Impsport for me in thermal bottoms.
Sorry screenman :smile:
I think i remember them from my distant childhood - in fact maybe, for some bizarre reason, being changed into them in a great yarmouth doorway - maybe it traumatised me :smile:

On a practical note, can you feel the stirrup in your shoes?

All the best.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sorry screenman :smile:
I think i remember them from my distant childhood - in fact maybe, for some bizarre reason, being changed into them in a great yarmouth doorway - maybe it traumatised me :smile:

On a practical note, can you feel the stirrup in your shoes?

All the best.

No you cannot feel it at all.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Lusso max repel, not worn them yet as I am still wearing my Spring/Autumn tights but the sizing is spot on and unpadded as I like to double up down there with bib shorts once it gets really cold .
Yes have heard good stuff about those lusso things. Suppose as northerners* they should understand cold and rain.
Not after ultimate fashion, but how do they fit/what do they look like? Am aware that some tights can look a bit baggy.

U

User6179

Yes have heard good stuff about those lusso things. Suppose as northerners* they should understand cold and rain.
Not after ultimate fashion, but how do they fit/what do they look like? Am aware that some tights can look a bit baggy.

Tight fitting, they are pretty plain looking, the legs are a bit long for me being only have a 31 inch inside leg, the fit was spot on everywhere else, they are a lot thicker than the cheap polaris tights I have.

Jason

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ronhill-classic-tracksters-2/

I swear by these in the winter. Normal cycling shorts underneath and don't show your "Oscar's" to the world!

vickster

Legendary Member
Giant St Paul’s sell Pearl Izumi, maybe try before buy

Or just order both sizes from a company with free returns

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Oh dear. My dodgieness is going to come to the surface now. ^_^

I wear DHB bib tights all through the winter. I cannot do with anything thick under them and so I wear 60 denier ladies tights. I know its not pretty on a 59 year old guy. But I make sure Jannie does not see me getting dressed.

It keeps me warm all through the winter. I think its what the builders used to do in winter. I still occasionally get frostbite of the nether regions. But I always carry a spare polar buff.

I wonder why the lady in the cafe keeps smiling at me.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Oh dear. My dodgieness is going to come to the surface now. ^_^

I wear DHB bib tights all through the winter. I cannot do with anything thick under them and so I wear 60 denier ladies tights. I know its not pretty on a 59 year old guy. But I make sure Jannie does not see me getting dressed.

It keeps me warm all through the winter. I think its what the builders used to do in winter. I still occasionally get frostbite of the nether regions. But I always carry a spare polar buff.

I wonder why the lady in the cafe keeps smiling at me.
Do you ever "forget" to take them off?

:smile:

Yes, i heard in the past that builders used them.

I don't feel the need forvan extra layer. I use aldi non padded synthetic briefs under them or, for longer rides, paddee briefs. Can never understand tights with built in pads if you aren't in a seruous race. Wear once? Too much washing.

Top Bottom