Decent non padded thermal tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for that.
I rate altura stuff and the sizing on those looks handy - i am comfortably in between on the large size so should be ok.

I take it that they definitely have no pad?
Nope, I have the women’s, they are a baggier fit though. Giant St Paul’s will have a bigger range, the Bromley store is small from memory, they also have a clearance section in London

This is the website
https://m.h2gear.co.uk/default.aspx

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Thanks for the reply vickster.

You may have put me off the alturas. I am not after baggy - tend to wear bottoms tight (though not tops) as i feel better and more protected against the elements, with, hopefully, my exertions drying out the material.

Will check out st pauls - a good shop - they also used to provide quality free coffee while you browsed :smile: but no more. Twas very handy on my cultural visits to the museum of london.

Sorry, confused by H2 gear - who are they?

Ps, by "nope" i assume you mean NO pad. ??

D

Deleted member 1258

Thanks for that.
I rate altura stuff and the sizing on those looks handy - i am comfortably in between on the large size so should be ok.

I take it that they definitely have no pad?

Yes, no pad, I wouldn't call them baggy, they're not a close fit though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the reply vickster.

You may have put me off the alturas. I am not after baggy - tend to wear bottoms tight (though not tops) as i feel better and more protected against the elements, with, hopefully, my exertions drying out the material.

Will check out st pauls - a good shop - they also used to provide quality free coffee while you browsed :smile: but no more. Twas very handy on my cultural visits to the museum of london.

Sorry, confused by H2 gear - who are they?

Ps, by "nope" i assume you mean NO pad. ??
H2gear is Giant St. Paul’s website for online orders/click & collect. Note closed on Sunday

Looser fit, order the cruisers through Evans and try on? They are great over padded shorts imo. No
Pad

Maenchi

StoneDog
karrimor xlite running tights are windproof, with a zip at the lower leg and thermally lined, they are for cycling £17 at sports direct, sports direct seems to have bought out every 1970s sports company and gets criticized for a drop in quality, but I would say these are still a decent bit of kit...

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Do you ever "forget" to take them off?

:smile:

Yes, i heard in the past that builders used them.

I don't feel the need forvan extra layer. I use aldi non padded synthetic briefs under them or, for longer rides, paddee briefs. Can never understand tights with built in pads if you aren't in a seruous race. Wear once? Too much washing.
I don't
Understand why you think padded shorts are only for racing. When I am riding 100+ kms a day, padded shorts are a must. Wash them in the shower after every day and they are dry in the morning.

D

Deleted member 1258

I don't
Understand why you think padded shorts are only for racing. When I am riding 100+ kms a day, padded shorts are a must. Wash them in the shower after every day and they are dry in the morning.

I've never worn padded shorts.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
I don't
I do wear padded on serious long rides. As padded briefs underneath. But can use the separate tights several times between washes. Perfectly hygienic, especially as i always shower before cycling. Just my personal take, but personally seems unecessary faff to wash tights after a single use. I don't after all wash my merino base layers after a single use. Or my jeans.

Top Bottom