Decided on a Jamis Aurora Elite but.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
I decided on the Jamis Aurora but Evans are quoting delivery in mid April and Im not even sure I believe that date will be met. I love the styling, the spec and the price of the Jamis but is there anything else I should be looking at ?

I should add that I am financing it hence choice of dealers is limited.

Last edited:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have had an Aurora for a few years now and love riding it.

Very comfortable bike that soaks up the roughness of the road.

The hydraulic brakes on the Elite will be a huge improvement on the Cantis on my bike ?

I would wait.

Last edited:

freiston

Veteran
I do not regret waiting months for my plain Aurora but if I had that bit more cash to spend, I might be looking at some of the offerings from Spa Cycles - I wouldn't know about any finance deals though.

P.S. I've had no problems or noticed any shortcomings in the Tektro Oryx cantis on the Aurora but I have changed mudguards (my older model had guards inferior to the current model) for SKS longboards, saddle (for an old favourite), rear carrier (the original was damaged in transit) and the compact handlebars for Velo Orange Grand Cru Course bars (also replacing the NVO sleeve and stem with spacers and a Velo Orange stem. By virtue of going hub-dynamo, I've also replaced the front wheel. It sounds like a lot but it is still a Jamis Aurora and I still like it as an Aurora.

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Looks like a nice bike, although the 2017 basically looks like the 2016, so is there the possibility last years model is kicking around in your size on clearance?

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
They seem to be a rare breed cant find a 2016 or 17

However there seems plenty availability of:

Ridgeback Panorama
Kona Sutra
Dawes Galaxy Plus

Last edited:
They seem to be a rare breed cant find a 2016 or 17

However there seems plenty availability of:

Ridgeback Panorama
Kona Sutra
Dawes Galaxy Plus

Because they're sold exclusively by Evans in thus country.

They're sold by everyone in huge numbers in their native USA.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
I guess I will have to be patient and stop acting like a spoilt brat :smile:

Its the one bike I keep going back to look at.

si_c

Guru
I guess I will have to be patient and stop acting like a spoilt brat :smile:

Its the one bike I keep going back to look at.

I know how you feel, I've been looking at one bike for the last few months, it mostly hits all the boxes of what I want from a bike, I'd really like a steel (already have 2) or carbon bike, and I'd really like Di2, but given that the latter is unrealistic given my current finances and for steel I'm looking custom, and for carbon there are too many compromises (press fit BB being a no no for me), this bike is perfect, and more to the point upgradeable when my finances change. Just got to wait another couple of weeks for it to be available.

Worth waiting though in the end I think.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
I think if I order something else I may regret it. I have two weeks holiday coming up next month and it will arrive just as I go back to work doh !!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Love my Roarer Leet. LOVE IT.

Only improvement I would make is hydraulics, as it already has a BB7s and a dynohub.

Top Bottom