(Decision made)Battery hedge trimmers..... any recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Thought I asked the previously but must have dreamt it.
I want.....
Lightweight
Decent life from one charge.
Not expensive (it wont get that much use)
etc.

EDIT.....bought a Mac Allister from screwfix...... £50.00. Good reviews. Although I have lots of bushes they are all light. This should do the trick.

Last edited:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I got one a few months ago in Aldi. I'd recommend this next time they come up.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I got one a few months ago in Aldi. I'd recommend this next time they come up.
They have very good reviews.
Apparently made by a company called Positec. I have google that without success..........anyone know if they have other outlets ?
I see Screfix have one by Macallister.
Same price and virtually same spec.....anyone know if it is actually the same one ??

Dave 123

Legendary Member
We have a really good lightweight battery strimmer at work made by Husqvarna. Very good quality. I know they make hedge trimmers.

Lots of the colleges are also using Stihl battery operated tools. Very good reputation.

Some machines have a backpack battery which keeps the weight down on your arms, making the job even easier.

Obviously these tools are expensive, but good quality. Your local hire centre might be able help you if you only need occasional use.

Or get a man in!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
We have a really good lightweight battery strimmer at work made by Husqvarna. Very good quality. I know they make hedge trimmers.

Lots of the colleges are also using Stihl battery operated tools. Very good reputation.

Some machines have a backpack battery which keeps the weight down on your arms, making the job even easier.

Obviously these tools are expensive, but good quality. Your local hire centre might be able help you if you only need occasional use.

Or get a man in!
We have a gardener as we have 3 quite big gardens (seemed a good idea when we bought the house in 1982). I want a trimmer so I can keep on top of the basic stuff......leave the heavy stuff for the gardener.

Levo-Lon

Guru
As above if you want lightweight and a good battery you have to pay.

I got a corded one as battery will be crap on cheap ones.

You could go petrol ,screwfix do a Titon with lots of accessories for a good price.
I use one at work it's ok for the price.

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Running time on our G-tech one in its second year has been disappointing, and cutting head is quite small- gone back to corded one for those reasons, Plus weight is lower without battery unless you spend a lot!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Running time on our G-tech one in its second year has been disappointing, and cutting head is quite small- gone back to corded one for those reasons, Plus weight is lower without battery unless you spend a lot!
Looked at the recent G tech ones...........it appears that you cannot detach and use without the long handle.
Our 'main' garden is quite long and then we have a side & front garden..........cordless appeals to me.

Top Bottom