Deda Dog Fang or Third Eye Chain Watcher?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
youngoldbloke said:
Front changers come in two basic flavours - braze-on and band-on. If the frame does not have a brazed on mount for a braze-on changer, braze-on adaptors to allow you to fit a braze-on changer are available. The bolt that holds the braze-on changer to the mount is the one the K-edge uses. If you have a band-on changer, the mounting band is part of the changer assembly and will not require such a bolt. Band on changers (and braze-on adapters) will not fit onto non round/large section frame tubes - eg. expensive carbon frames, so they will have a 'braze-on' mount built in. Top end changers will therefore tend to be mostly braze-on style, lower level kit more likely to be band-on. Hope this makes sense ......

A useful clarification, thanks. However from the little I know about moulding composite frames I can see that it would be difficult and costly to incorporate a derailleur mount then finish it, in the same way that you can braze one onto a steel frame then paint it.

I need to go off and find a replacement Shimano front mech that has a separate clamp to fit my 31.8 mm tube, to which I can then bolt a K-Edge.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Rigid Raider said:
A useful clarification, thanks. However from the little I know about moulding composite frames I can see that it would be difficult and costly to incorporate a derailleur mount then finish it, in the same way that you can braze one onto a steel frame then paint it.

I need to go off and find a replacement Shimano front mech that has a separate clamp to fit my 31.8 mm tube, to which I can then bolt a K-Edge.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Shimano_Band_On_Adapter/5360018993/

- I think they are also avaiable in black (more expensive?)

Top Bottom