Dedicated turbo bike - any pointers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I got the mic up and running today, and managed to get my hammer out of the cupboard and clip the cables up.

I'm yet to try the new mic out for real, but a few tests seemed to give positive results with it picking up my voice clearly over the sound of the fans, which is handy :laugh: I did manage to pin myself between a lawnmower and 290kg of plasterboard at one point but only momentarily :whistle:

Next job is to refresh the vinyl screen, it tends to shrink over time which reveals the blue of the door between the slats and rather ruins the picture... I've got a new idea for applying it which should counter this problem, if it works... :laugh:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Spray the door??

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I got the mic up and running today, and managed to get my hammer out of the cupboard and clip the cables up.

View attachment 627548

I'm yet to try the new mic out for real, but a few tests seemed to give positive results with it picking up my voice clearly over the sound of the fans, which is handy :laugh: I did manage to pin myself between a lawnmower and 290kg of plasterboard at one point but only momentarily :whistle:

Next job is to refresh the vinyl screen, it tends to shrink over time which reveals the blue of the door between the slats and rather ruins the picture... I've got a new idea for applying it which should counter this problem, if it works... :laugh:

Don‘t you hit your head with the turbo bike so close to the ceiling?

Rubbish i-pad pic of the new/old turbo bike;

Oldish Trek FX equipped with Ultegra Di2 and various bits and bobs; first tryout this afternoon and working fine after a few early adjustments.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I swapped the stem and saddle over this evening, about to go try out the new riding position. The new stem is adjustable so I can adjust the bar height as I was finding them a little low previously. This has raised them about 20mm already with the potential to go higher, but that will then start to affect the reach quite a lot. Hopefully they'll be better already and I won't have to tinker with the setup much more now :okay:

The saddle is a Selle San Marco Aspide Short; I've got a normal Aspide on my Bianchi and it's very comfy but we shall see if I get on with this one on the turbo or not, only time will tell :laugh:

Top Bottom