Deep Winter Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DogmaStu

That's not a bad idea although it means you double up the chamois which might feel weird. I only have one set of thermal bib-tights - will try adding my leg warmers next time it drops below 5C.

That's what I do. It works very well. Good pair of Castelli Perfetto fleece-lined/ Goretex outer bibs with the very comfortable Progetto 2 pad and a warm pair of fleece-lined leg warmers beneath. Good for sub-zero and I feel the cold easily.

simongt

Guru
The only issue I have with gauntlet type gloves is stuffing the wrist part into the jacker sleeve, otherwise when it rains / snows, the water channels straight inside the gauntlet.
Yuk - ! :dry:

Happy_Days

Regular
the best Winter gloves I've got are the Castelli Estremo's. They offer genuine sub-zero warmth, long cuffs, great grip, light and don't feel bulky - you can still use a mobile.
Q36.5 Be Love O gloves are similarly brilliant but similarly expensive.

However, 7hundred is currently offering them with a 35% price reduction in certain sizes:

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/clothing/gloves-mitts/q365-be-love-0-thermal-winter-glove__44055

IMG_4260.jpeg

Last edited:

8mph

Veteran
I have a few pairs of Gore-Tex gloves, Sealskinz, Musto and Rodeo Thinsulate. I more often just wear insulated builder's gloves for shorter rides. The Musto gloves would be my go to gloves for longer winter rides, the Rodeo gloves are probably too warm for anything but minus conditions, the Sealskinz stay in my panniers on tour, in case the Mustos get wet.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I’m pretty sure that’s not what you mean.

FWIW, I always wore TOG24 McKenzie ski gloves that I bought about 20 years ago. Before, I’d get painfully cold fingers, but these were an absolute revelation and allowed me to do long sub-zero rides and commutes. The stitching has come loose on the side of the index finger and the insulation has got a bit squashed over the years, but they’re still pretty decent.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I’m pretty sure that’s not what you mean
Used quite commonly in Manchester and possibly other places?
Brassic
Very cold weather or Poor, skint, without money.
“It’s brassic out here”

Top Bottom