Defining Cyclism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
They’re all bikes to me. Unless they have a motor, it’s a bike.

...:ohmy:
trike 001.JPG

250W front wheel electric motor :whistle:

:cycle:

Come on, someone must believe true Cyclism is being eco friendly and so forth?

I thought that went without saying, especially for tree hugging Bakfiets users...

That's what's missing from the list: the sacraments.
OK, that's communion.

Baptism is the first "off"

Cyclechat is our confessional.

Confirmation is buying your first road bike or maybe clipless pedals

Marriage is the very special relationship between a cyclist and their saddle.

Annointing the sick is done by NHS walk in centres ...

And I am missing one ... google google ...Holy orders. Shaving your legs?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
OP, who are you calling adherent? Are you comparing us to a tub of No More Nails? :laugh:
Anyway, for me this:
The unshakeable belief that regardless of what I eat it will be fine because "I'm commuting on a bike so I'll burn it off" no matter what evidence exists to the contrary.
This too:
[Stubborn Mode on]I don't care if there's a typhoon, three layers of ice, flooding, the temperance march ... I will cycle to work![Stubborn Mode off]

sheddy

Legendary Member
what goes around comes around

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well it's a motorbike then. Nowt wrong with motorbikes (or trikes) by the way. Mines 1050cc petrol, but it's the same idea. And I understand lecci bikes are lapping the TT course at an average speed of 120mph. (note this is the average !)
The legal 15.5 MPH is quite quick enough on mine thank you very much, it will go downhill a bit faster (without assistance) but cornering is a bit scary.

As for the IoM I'm glad it was Michael Rutter got the £10,000 purse for the first 100mph lap on an electric bike. :notworthy:

Top Bottom