Definition of Road Junction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Nothing official, but I would imagine anything joining a carriageway would be considered a junction. Has something happened?

shirokazan

Veteran
Where two public highways meet, I'd have thought. Possibly might include some private roads.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4873854, member: 9609"]Not really - it is someone else argument on where a blue badge holder can park, apparently they regularly park somewhere here and my mother struggles to get past them or something, I looked up the rule and it says they can park on double yellows but not within 15m of a junction - but what defines a junction ? through this square arch is parking for about 20 flats, it sort of looks like a junction but is it?.

The term Junction often gets used in the highway code, notably around overtaking, so further than my mothers daft problem I am now curious as to what defines a road junction as a road junction.

View attachment 361375 [/QUOTE]
Unable to find a legal definition, but, can you go down the road to the right. Can't see what is on the signs. If you can, it's a road junction by definition(not a legal definition).

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4873861, member: 9609"]its a private parking area for some flats[/QUOTE]
The only thing found was about a gate blocking access, other than that, by definition it's a road junction.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Blue badge holders are a rule unto themselves..
Some are actually dissabled so they do need the park anywhere access..
Pity about all the rest that have them so they can break the law and avoid paying for parking.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Blue badge holders are a rule unto themselves..
Some are actually dissabled so they do need the park anywhere access..
Pity about all the rest that have them so they can break the law and avoid paying for parking.

My partner has a blue badge , its an eye opener for sure but yes a lot of people do over use the power it gives them for good reason but alas sometimes you need to park as close as you can to your destination , although i dont remember ever parking on double yellows .

We would park in nearest safe to park area and wheelchair to destination if needed

shirokazan

Veteran
The yellow lines extend into the driveway, so that might strengthen your argument that it is a junction.
Agree with Beebo. It must be a public highway for them to put yellow lines on it, and as they go round the bend (as far as the building line), it looks like a junction.

Top Bottom