Definition of Road Junction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Agree with Beebo. It must be a public highway for them to put yellow lines on it, and as they go round the bend (as far as the building line), it looks like a junction.

The yellows only extend as far as the inner edge of the pavement. The pavement is part of the main road, just like the one outside your house.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Funnily enough, I noticed recently signs on lamp posts in Brighton encouraging the public to dob in blue badge abuse, so I guess it must be an issue.
It's never been obvious to me yet.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'd not go down the "junction" route, as User says, it's common for any vehicles to park all over the corners of junctions and in my area this is not enforced at all.

The issue for me is blocking access. If your mother can't get past at all, then this is an issue. If it's a difficult squeeze but doable, then it might not be a problem until an emergency vehicle needs to go in there

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
[QUOTE 4873861, member: 9609"]its a private parking area for some flats[/QUOTE]

Was it once a small road or entrance before the flats were built?

Slick

Guru
Can you not ask down the cop shop, or any friendly local traffic officer? I may be very wrong, but I still think a junction is any other road joining another route, which your photograph obviously shows.

I know how some people can let things like this affect them, so I hope you get this sorted.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Whether it is a junction or not you might be judged to be parking irresponsibly or causing an obstruction if any one wanted to make an issue of it - from the Blue Badge Booklet:

Safe and responsible parking
Do not park where it would endanger, inconvenience or obstruct pedestrians or other road users. Examples of dangerous or obstructive parking include the following, although there are others:

school entrances, bus stops, on a bend, or near the brow of a hill or hump bridge;

parking opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space;

where it would make the road narrow, such as by a traffic island or roadworks;

where it would hold up traffic, such as in narrow stretches of road or blocking vehicle entrances;

where emergency vehicles stop or go in and out, such as hospital entrances;

where the kerb has been lowered or the road raised to help wheelchair users; and

on a pavement, unless signs permit it. The Blue Badge is not a licence to park anywhere. If you park where it would cause an obstruction or danger to other road users you could be fined or receive a Penalty Charge Notice or have your vehicle removed.
Dropped kerb

(I'm a blue badge holder's driver, and have studied the leaflet carefully after we got a ticket for parking on double yellows, with two yellow stripes on the kerb - no loading at any time)

Top Bottom