Degreaser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I once found a degreaser recipe on tinternet. From memory it was something like meths, water, detergent and sodium bicarbonate or something like that. I made some and I think it worked, but when it ran out I just carried on using white spirt

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Did I mention this previously? That was where I bought my first bike, a Triumph Rodeo.
Couldn't ride but by the time I'd reached home at Woodside Park I could.

I may of mentioned this before as well, but my first proper bike was also a Triumph Rodeo from Oscrofts.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

D

Deleted member 26715

Jizer & Swarfega were owned by the same company DEB, didn't know that, but they were bought out by SC Johnson on 2010

Drago

Legendary Member
Although by allowing it to rest, drawing off the top and filtering, white spirit is reusable many, many times.

This is unlike citrus degreaser which is a single use product and full of surfactants and emulsifiers which are ultimately made from oil stock and are acidic.

Despite the fruity and thus natural, sounding name it's ultimately little, if any, better for the environment.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Although by allowing it to rest, drawing off the top and filtering, white spirit is reusable many, many times.

This is unlike citrus degreaser which is a single use product and full of surfactants and emulsifiers which are ultimately made from oil stock and are acidic.

Despite the fruity and thus natural, sounding name it's ultimately little, if any, better for the environment.

Jizer's the same. After use, a black sludge drops to the bottom of whatever container it's in and you can decant the clean stuff for reuse.

Top Bottom