Degrees of hellish punishment...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another gem from the the good old catholic church, you've got to luv 'em!

User1314 said:
What can be worse than going to Hell?

"Monsignor Charles Scicluna issued the warning to seminarians at St Peter's basilica during prayers for abuse victims. He said that a paedophile priest who exploited his office would get tougher treatment in hell than a layman."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/30/vatican-paedophile-priests-punishment-catholicism

If you're in hell, you are in Hell. How can you be treated any worse? Will they have to watch endless repeats of Coronation Street or something?

I get the impression that the layman is in the minority!

PaulB

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
If you're in hell, you are in Hell. How can you be treated any worse? Will they have to watch endless repeats of Coronation Street or something?

Surely this person should be BANNED FOR LIFE for coming out with such horrific punishments they'd like to see meted out? Surely there can be no depths to which this person will not trawl? :wacko:

zacklaws

Guru
Ride LeJog, barefoot and naked, with barbed wire wrapped round your pedals, saddle and top tube with a chain that is guaranteed to snap at some point going up a steep hill whilst standing.

zacklaws

Guru
Mad Doug Biker said:
Fat, old and ugly ones at that.

Looks like a lot of us are going to Hell then.

Two elderly guys have spent years in each others company and every Friday night they would go out for an evening of fine food, wine, cigars and then partake of the services a couple of high class women of negotiable virtue (not always successfully)

Unfortunately one of them dies, and the other one finds life without his friend unbearable, sinks into depression and dies a few weeks later.

WHen he "wakes up" he finds himself in a room with his friend, who is entertaining two of the most beautiful women he has ever seen.

"Thank he Lord - I am in Heaven" he gleefuly shouts

"NO we're not" says his mate "This is Hell and we are their punishment!"

Still - as it's Sunday...

Most religions have a concept of Hell and different levels, these may vary from as few as seven to as many as eighteen.

How deep you go and the punishment accords to your sins. This is Dante's version:

500px-Dantes_Inferno_-_Levels_of_Hell.svg.png

Now test yourself and see where you are going!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Cunobelin said:
Still - as it's Sunday...

Most religions have a concept of Hell and different levels, these may vary from as few as seven to as many as eighteen.

How deep you go and the punishment accords to your sins. test yourself[/url] and see where you are going!

7th level for me :laugh: - didn't realise I'd been so naughty, for Christ's sake!...

Seventh Level of Hell:

Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level. :smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Edit:

I'll be in Limbo apparently, so I better get myself sorted out before I croak!! :smile::laugh:

Actually, a lot of those questions were very black and white.

The one about being in a fight recently for example - I was attacked, so yes, I was in a fight, but I didn't actually get to do anything, so no, I didn't fight, so, no.

What do I click??

Top Bottom