Dehumidifier recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've not had any issues with the condensing dehumidifier in the detached garage - temps do drop, but there is enough air warming to keep it running properly

AlanW

Guru
Fair shout to be honest , after reading that .

When I was looking for one for similar reasons as you, I just assumed that a dehumidifier was a dehumidifier to be honest. It's not till you start digging a bit deeper that you soon realize the subtle differences and the fact that they are not all the same. Even the characteristic of each type differs, so it really pays to do your research.

In truth I ended up spending more money than I really wanted to, but one of the things I wanted was to be able to set the humidity level and have it cut off when it reached that set level but be on standby ready to cut back in again if that level raised.

I don't work for Meaco nor do I have any connection with them other than being a satisfied customer, but have a look at their website - https://www.meacodehumidifiers.co.uk/
I also gave them a call and found them really helpful to be honest.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I looked into different types when I bought mine; I think mine is a desiccant as it's fairly quiet and maintenance free. There is a filter on it which I've cleaned twice in 10 years but there wasn't much (dust) on it to start with. Mine doesn't have an LCD/LED readout, it only has on/off, power mode (normal, powerful and quiet) and "sweep" function where the fan shroud moves up and down or can be stopped in one place.

Suffice it to say, it turns itself off when the tank is full, and it's dries extremely well. That's all I need!

Top Bottom