deleting nested quotes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Shaun I think it would be nice to have it so that it doesn't delete nested quotes, e.g. if you are quoting "A" who has in turn quoted "B", then the quote from person "B" disappears from my quote.
In my opinion, it's easier to delete it if you don't want it than it is to add it in again if you do.

Shaun

Founder
A poll would be good if vBulletin offered the option of nested quotes, but it doesn't!

Nested quotes have to be done manually, and the fact that VB deletes them isn't something I can switch on/off in the admin panel.

What you're asking for is likely to be a plugin/mod, so I'll add it to the to-do list. :thumbsup:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
proper netiquette is to trim quotes, but as folk want to have nested quotes which look terrible, i can't imagine folk trimming quotes.

Shaun

Founder
Nested quotes now enabled.

The modification is a very crude one with no depth control, so if nested quotes get out of hand (too many quotes of nested quotes) I'll reset it to the default single quote behaviour.

Cheers,
Shaun

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cheers, I'll certainly try to avoid too many quotes in one nest... Just sometimes it's handy to have the conversation for clarity...

Top work, once again!

the quote war thing is really, really tedious. Quotes get piled on top of each other and ping back and forth between the two adversaries like some ghastly trauenspiel, building up into page-long posts.

Pete

Here (and preceding posts) is an example of (in my opinion):
a) too much nesting, and
;) the quoted texts and cited authors have got 'out-of-step', sowing confusion!

I respectfully suggest, perhaps we should go back to the way things were?

Top Bottom