Delia bleedin' Smith

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rh100

None are as good as the late Keith Floyd

Used to really like Hugh Fearnly whatsit till he got all pompous about his offal, farm and bloody chickens.

lukesdad

Used to know the man in the toga too when he was younger know a good story about him Dick Head.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
lukesdad said:
When I was ayoung apprentice in london Delia used to come to our kitchen for filming sequences. We d spend half the bloody day doing her prep, instead of what we should have been doing she d swan in do her bit did nt get her hands dirty then swan off again and not even acknowledge us.
Bummer! I've always kind of liked Delia, but for some reason that all rings true and has turned me off St D for good.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Aperitif said:
Rick Stein xx(
A W Thompson xx(
Delia Smith :smile: - always appreciate a pathfinder.
John Burton not the human Race xx(xx(
Gordon Ramsay :wacko:
Jamie Oliver :wacko:
James Saturday Morning :wacko:
Graham Kerr :smile:
Fanny Craddock :tongue:
Atul Kochhar :thumbsup:
Rachel Allen - she makes nice afters :becool:
giada-delaurentiis-3-08073.jpg

Giada Delaurentiis - American Italian - she has a way of squashing your plum tomatoes and she is bound to put in an appearance sooner or later in the UK.:becool:
(All my culinary info has been gleaned from repeats and snippets...but I did watch Oz Clarke cooking something with James May during a wine programme and...don't get me started on that stooge fest smuggery.)

Has beens on toast for dinner again then? ;)

Is that photo a still from Saw V1!

Looks like your relly - 'threegutsmcginty' :tongue:

About a year ago there was a cooking programme by
9780007264988.jpg

She was very good and better on the eye than many other cooks! Her book is easy to follow and really enables you to get to know Chinese ingredients and either follow or adapt her recepies.
Basically she showed that chinese can be faster than fast food and also fresh and healthy food.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
They're all a bit annoying.

Gary Rhodes "Pick up the actual piece of fish, then put it in the actual frying pan".
James Martin with his "liddlebid of sugar, and liddlebid of cream".
Gino d'Acampo or whatever his name is is just plain annoying.

I liked Rick Stein's tour down the Canal du Midi though, good bit of telly, and i love the way Nigella thinks we all have Tuscan olives, truffles and Beluga caviar in the fridge waiting to be used up.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
upsidedown said:
Nigella thinks we all have Tuscan olives, truffles and Beluga caviar in the fridge waiting to be used up.
It's a killer that one...every time I try to do something a bit different and lok up a recipe I always end up stopped in my tracks because it demands a fresh lime or chives or creme fraiche or something. Nothing terribly exotic, but something I don't have just lying around. ("D'you want beans 'n cheese or tuna mayo on your baked spud?")

Top Bottom