Deliberately pushed off - Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
661-Pete said:
It now comes to my mind, I wonder if this could possibly have happened to my son in Scotland last week? He still remembers nothing of his crash and he was alone. If anyone knows of attacks like this in the Highlands (particularly Fort William/Glencoe/Oban areas), would be keen to know...
I doubt it was deliberate Pete and people seem to be much more friendly and patient in the Highlands. btw I hope your son is mending well.

HLaB said:
I doubt it was deliberate Pete and people seem to be much more friendly and patient in the Highlands. btw I hope your son is mending well.
That's what I would have thought too, but last week I saw quite a lot of aggressive behaviour by motorists on the A82 (we were in the car of course). Ah well ... it was just a thought. Geoff's pretty much back to normal now, stitches are out and the scabs have fallen off, he's still got a bloodshot eye; he's bought himself a very cheap bike just to get mobile again whilst we sort out getting the other one fixed...

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
661-Pete said:
Perhaps we need a proper collecting point for reports of all such attacks that come to our attention?

Would there be a possibility of a sub forum for listing attacks etc? I notice that currently most of the bad driving/near misses etc end up in "Commuting"

AndyCarolan said:
Would there be a possibility of a sub forum for listing attacks etc? I notice that currently most of the bad driving/near misses etc end up in "Commuting"
If we did I would suggest its locked to members only as such a concentration may give the impression to folk (particularly beginners/ non members) that cycling is more dangerous that it is.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
HLaB said:
If we did I would suggest its locked to members only as such a concentration may give the impression to folk (particularly beginners/ non members) that cycling is more dangerous that it is.

Very very good point. As we all know, the benefits of cycling far outweigh the risks :laugh:

StuartG

slower but further
The problem is the diminished intelligence of the perpetrators. Re the OP incident it was very silly/thoughtless to do it in front of another cyclist witness. They were very lucky not to have the reg recorded and be banged up.

I'm guessing it is just a wheeze to them with absolutely no concept of the possible consequences. Which also means they can't be done on any serious intent charges. Runners in my part of the world (not very far away) get 'paintballed' by passing idiots - they get away with it because nobody realises what happened until they are gone. But at least that is not going to kill anyone.

The punishment if the pushers ever get caught is to send them out on bikes in those narrow potholed Kent lanes shortly after closing time ...

Yes, but anything - anything at all - thrown at a cyclist could lead to tragedy. I suppose, counting up, I've had the odd object thrown at me. I recall a glass of water recently (well, at least I hope it was water - I showered and changed as soon as I got home...:biggrin: ). And, a very long time ago, I had something which I think is called 'silly string', set off on me. It's that party toy, not the explosive type, but the aerosol liquid which sets into solid threads in mid-air: I think you know what I'm referring to. I suppose the perpetrator though 'it's just harmless fun'. If it had gone in my eyes, with me cycling at speed in traffic, it might have been a different story.

dondare

Über Member
There's a lad who posts on Bikeradar who had a can thrown at him. He chased the car, caught up with it at the lights and thumped the passenger through the open window.
I can't say I approve at all.
(Actually I can, and did. A very impressive display of notanyshittaking.)

dondare said:
There's a lad who posts on Bikeradar who had a can thrown at him. He chased the car, caught up with it at the lights and thumped the passenger through the open window.

There ideas are easy to have when not in the heat of the moment but funnier would have been to deposit the can back into the car. Open and upside down.

After all, it may not have been the passenger. I know of one wagon driver who complained about his co-driver on long trips who was a bit of a loon and had a tendency to fling things from the drivers seat through the passenger window.

Crankarm

Guru
dondare said:

Yeah, but you only have to catch up with a moton or who ever to find that they are a genuine psycho and you risk losing or do lose your life :laugh:.

dondare

Über Member
Crankarm said:
Yeah, but you only have to catch up with a moton or who ever to find that they are a genuine psycho and you risk losing or do lose your life :laugh:.

He was certainly being a tad rash. (Bit of a psycho himself, praps.)

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Black Warrior on an H plate...old style I take it Rob. Police should be able to do a VODS check. If it's on a cherished transfer there won't be that many in the local area to choose from!

OP
OP
A

Alaskan Rob

It had a 'H' in the plate not the prefix, it was a newer vehicle, less than 5 years I'd guess. The Police said they did try and trace on that and the make and model, but too many vehicles showed up unfortunately.

Top Bottom