Delicate question

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by rajinfun, 2 Aug 2012.

1. rajinfun

rajinfun New Member

I'm not all together new to cycling but recently I have noticed that over the longer rides, the more I sweat the more the hairs around my nether regions begin to tug. Do other hairy cyclists shave/wax or does that just make things worse? and whats best to use on sweat rashes after a ride?

2. PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur Specialized fanboy

Lube up with sudocreme, before and after. NEVER during!!!

MattHB likes this.
  3. sabian92

sabian92 Über Member

I'm quite a hairy guy all over but I've never had that. Are you wearing undies and shorts or proper lycra shorts?

Don't shave - I tried that and all that happens is it's just like rubbing a coarse sandpaper on your undercarriage, shall we say. Not nice at all! :eek:

4. OP
    OP
    rajinfun

rajinfun New Member

Paul when you say before, do you mean hours/minutes before the ride or days?

Sabian I wear padded under shorts. But thanks for the tip shaving is out. just watching cycling in olympics and everyone seemed hairless =, well at least on there legs

5. sabian92

sabian92 Über Member

Legs are OK, the skin doesn't rub against other stubbly skin. The area behind your wedding tackle as I found out is not so OK for that. :blink: They probably wax as well to be fair. Shaving is a pain, it grows back in a matter of 24 hours anyway. :biggrin: Padded undercrackers are good though. I just wondered in case it was your boxers causing rub to happen and the ensuing pain.

6. It's tough to not guffaw a little at this. :smile:

I'd have a bit of a trim to reduce the "pluckability" of the hair. Wear undies or get some padded ones, which is great for longer rides.

7. pepecat

pepecat Well-Known Member

Just before you go - so minutes. As you're getting dressed. Slather it on and it should help!

8. darth vadar

darth vadar Über Member

Have you tried a 'Back, Sack & Crack' ?

That might help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice