Delicate question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rajinfun

I'm not all together new to cycling but recently I have noticed that over the longer rides, the more I sweat the more the hairs around my nether regions begin to tug. Do other hairy cyclists shave/wax or does that just make things worse? and whats best to use on sweat rashes after a ride?

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Lube up with sudocreme, before and after. NEVER during!!!

sabian92

Über Member
I'm quite a hairy guy all over but I've never had that. Are you wearing undies and shorts or proper lycra shorts?

Don't shave - I tried that and all that happens is it's just like rubbing a coarse sandpaper on your undercarriage, shall we say. Not nice at all! :eek:

OP
OP
R

rajinfun

Paul when you say before, do you mean hours/minutes before the ride or days?

Sabian I wear padded under shorts. But thanks for the tip shaving is out. just watching cycling in olympics and everyone seemed hairless =, well at least on there legs

sabian92

Über Member
Paul when you say before, do you mean hours/minutes before the ride or days?

Sabian I wear padded under shorts. But thanks for the tip shaving is out. just watching cycling in olympics and everyone seemed hairless =, well at least on there legs

Legs are OK, the skin doesn't rub against other stubbly skin. The area behind your wedding tackle as I found out is not so OK for that. :blink: They probably wax as well to be fair. Shaving is a pain, it grows back in a matter of 24 hours anyway. :biggrin: Padded undercrackers are good though. I just wondered in case it was your boxers causing rub to happen and the ensuing pain.

Top Bottom