delivery bike revisited..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Cant remember where i put the post about this bike but i got a few pics today..
its a Elswick bike..and quite old..
20151011_145308.jpg
20151011_145346.jpg
20151011_145319.jpg

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Just as well Albert didn't have much in the way of climbing. It's all in good condition - lovely.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well found @classic33 ..i cant find myself at times lol

I used to ride one like that for my job. Used to have bits of pipe taped to it, and the basket over flowing with tools parts and fittings.

It was a swine in winter because you could only follow the tracks left by cars, and could hardly get to the curb when you found the right house number. The fun really started when you got to the curb and had to yuck several stones of laden bike up the curb with no grip on your feet.

My mate just about wrote off a vw beatle when he was engrossed in conversation and didn't notice it parked in his way.

They kept going missing, which was rumoured to be because some of the fitters were putting them in the back of a van a cobbing them into the Humber so that the company had to get more vans. They certainly never turned up again.

I never really saw the problem. Those of us on bikes tended to get the lighter jobs, and more time to get there, which was mad, because I could usually get around quicker on the bike anyway. It meant I could rattle the work off and go straight home unseen, instead of having to get the van back at knocking off time.

Lovely bike btw. Brings back happy memories.

Top Bottom