Deloitte Ride Accross Britain 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StickyPTFE

I have bit the bullet and signed up for the Deloitte RAB. Lands End to John O’Grotes. 980 miles in 9 days.

I have done a couple of century rides and several 70mi rides, but never on consecutive days.

Has anybody else done this ride previous in years?

Is anybody else signed up for this?

Any essential LEJOG information I should know?

A couple of years ago, I was cycling south and crisscrossed the path of the Deloitte group going the other way several times in Scotland. There seemed to be a massive number of riders, and especially leaving the rest stops must have been a nightmare for car drivers behind. They certainly seemed to have all the needs catered for, for what was clearly a very wide range of cycling abilities. It looked very well organised, with a decent number of ride leaders and tail end charlies, plus the sag wagon at the back.

Good luck.

Slick

Guru
I have bit the bullet and signed up for the Deloitte RAB. Lands End to John O’Grotes. 980 miles in 9 days.

I have done a couple of century rides and several 70mi rides, but never on consecutive days.

Has anybody else done this ride previous in years?

Is anybody else signed up for this?

Any essential LEJOG information I should know?
Who cares why anyone would comment negatively on your plans. I hope you have a blast, good luck. :thumbsup:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Flying Dodo describes this very well.

I have five friends who took part this year. They all had a fantastic time and completed it. You're looking at nine consecutive 100+ mile days. It's a big ask. Three of my friends trained hard for this, the other two I'm unsure about.

A couple of us joined them for 40 miles as they rode through our area. We took the front for those 40 miles in to a blistering headwind and ended up with a small peloton behind us!! :laugh:

Over those 40 miles I didn't notice any large groups creating difficulty for drivers around the feed stops nor on the road.

What did strike me was this. At no point were we overtaken at an average of 15mph over the 40. There was a wide range of abilities. I did feel I was riding in a sportive, constantly catching and overtaking small groups. I was left with the feeling this would become a bit repetitive over the nine days. If I was taking part I would look to set off early each morning to try and be ahead of the majority.

Top Bottom