Delta trike seat height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billbear

I have a sun delta style trike, about 10 years old. Because of an illness I have trouble getting off. I am tring to find a way to raise the seat 4 to 6 inches. Seat is on a rail and appears to have no normal way to raise it. My only two ideas were to use larger tires. This would also changing front fork. This way could make it hard for me to get on and off
My second way was to weld on another metel tube above main tube and mount slide rail to it
If you have seen any way to do this please reply,,, thanks BillBear

raleighnut

Legendary Member
If you raise the seat height you'll also raise the centre of gravity so it will become more unstable when cornering, not as bad as my 'upright' but could get scary.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Yep that's what I mean, the handling is better because you're sat low down between the wheels. Raising the seating position will make it less stable in a corner.
Okay. I've never ridden a delta recumbent. Are they less stable than the tadpole kind? I suppose, unlike a proper trike, you can't shift your body much around corners.

D

Deleted member 26715

Okay. I've never ridden a delta recumbent. Are they less stable than the tadpole kind? I suppose, unlike a proper trike, you can't shift your body much around corners.
All 1 at the front 2 at the rear setups are far less stable than 2 at the front 1 at the rear, not just in cycles, but motorcycles & cars, as to the OP without a picture sorry can't really offer any assistance.

Top Bottom