Demographics of CC users?

How old are you?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
43 but just can't get it in my head I'm "middle aged" look, act, carry myself as a much younger man...people treat me as a much younger... on the looks I think I look my age but most people say I look younger but I think this more to do with my height 5' 7" shorter men seem to be perceived as younger than they are...

I think we need a picture, then we can set up an "is he deluded?" poll.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 2882705, member: 9609"]21[/quote]
:giggle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I watched an episode of Hill Street Blues on 4OD the other night. The episode where the new desk sergeant Stan Jablonski made his first appearance. At one point he declared that he was 52 and I thought "Oh, yeah right - 6 years younger than me - I really believe that!" I thought he looked like a 65 year old who'd had a hard life.

View attachment 36649
Afterwards, I went online to look up how old the actor was at the time and he was ...

... about 52!

I was talking briefly about 'Are You Being Served?' on the 'Post a lie' thread the other day and commented on how old many of them looked in relation to their age. For example, Mr Grace (the owner with the young nurses) was apparently 80 in one of the episodes, but to me he looked much older - late '80s or '90s easily and as for Mr Grainger, I'd have said he was about 80, but must have been in his '60s!

Some of the others weren't much better!

D

Deleted member 1258

Am I right in saying people aged more quickly in the past than they do now??

It seems that way, most of us are better housed and fed these days, theres better health care and more knowledge available about diet and generally looking after yourself.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 2883464, member: 9609"]slight typo, the one is correct and there is a clue in your name.[/quote]
He he, we are contemporaries :smile:

andrewpreston

At last! I've found somewhere I can bang on about Gerry Anderson shows and "push button B" phone boxes & someone will know what I'm on about. I'm middle-aged if I live to 110.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Am I right in saying people aged more quickly in the past than they do now??
Just finished reading 'My Father's Fortune' by Michael Frayn, in which he describes his 'nanny' moving back in after his mother dies young, just after the end of WWII: "She's seventy-three - and not seventy-three in the way people are now, but in the way that they were then." And you know exactly what he means.

Top Bottom