Demographics of CC users?

How old are you?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I had a heart attack at the ripe old age of 23!!!

I take it you had an underlying heart issue?
How can something like that be possible at that age otherwise?

I ticked the 30-39 box as I turn 30 on Saturday!! Mentally feel a lot younger though!

And you are younger than me too!!

Quietly extracting myself out of a little hole and hoping no one notices
mf_Flush.gif

Bryony

Veteran
I take it you had an underlying heart issue?
How can something like that be possible at that age otherwise?

And you are younger than me too!!
Yes been very unlucky genetics wise!

The heart attack happened when I contracted pericarditis (infection of heart wall or wall lining can't remember which!) On its own that won't lead to a heart attack although you are very poorly with it.

I got taken into hospital and after being in for a few days they decided to do an angiogram just to see if everything was ok. Good job they did as they discovered the start of coronary heart disease! I had a blockage of 50% so I was then put on medication.

The doctors were quite surprised at how young I was but aparently it has happened before plus I'm type 1 diabetic so that increases your risks of heart disease.

I do get annoyed sometimes, I am a bit overweight but always eaten well and have been active since I was a kid and I see some people that are couch potatoes and live on takeaways and they are fine!! :cursing:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
He was quite a well known Rail enthusiast here in Glasgow, the sort of person who most other enthusiasts knew or had heard of, so his death was well documented. I knew him personally.
He cycled (he used to talk if doing 100 milers etc in his youth) but he smoked. I don't know how much he drank.

Seemingly he was waiting in a car to go on a trip with someone and just died there and then. A couple of minutes alone in the car and he was gone.

Same thing happened to my nephew, cyclist in youth, rail enthusiast(in Illinois) later, died in his sleep, heart attack at 44.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
53. Old for my family, at least among males. Have to stay athletic, Use It or Lose It should be on our family crest.
Same thing happened to my nephew, cyclist in youth, rail enthusiast(in Illinois) later, died in his sleep, heart attack at 44.
Yes been very unlucky genetics wise!

The heart attack happened when I contracted pericarditis (infection of heart wall or wall lining can't remember which!) On its own that won't lead to a heart attack although you are very poorly with it.

I got taken into hospital and after being in for a few days they decided to do an angiogram just to see if everything was ok. Good job they did as they discovered the start of coronary heart disease! I had a blockage of 50% so I was then put on medication.

The doctors were quite surprised at how young I was but aparently it has happened before plus I'm type 1 diabetic so that increases your risks of heart disease.

I do get annoyed sometimes, I am a bit overweight but always eaten well and have been active since I was a kid and I see some people that are couch potatoes and live on takeaways and they are fine!! :cursing:

:hugs:
I just hope you have your health for many many years to come!!

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
My Father was the all time longevity champion in my family at 83, going back a lot of generations.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My Father was the all time longevity champion in my family at 83, going back a lot of generations.

My Great Gran on my Dad's side lived to 98. Of her offspring, my Gran died at 93 and my Aunt 91.

I'm Not sure about the male side, although I know my 'real' Grandpa on my Mum's side lived to 84 and his dad was 81.
My Grandpa on my Dad's side got to 79 despite having bad diabetes and smoking. My Dad is 66 now and has diabetes and a slight heart problem.
My Mum is 67 and has just outlived her Mum (Gran) who died after a history of heart problems and several heart attacks at the age of 66. So far my Mum doesn't appear to have any problems touch wood.

I or my Brother might inherit the Diabetes from my Dad, so I should really start looking after myself a bit better again (things have slipped for a while now, I know, but I am seeing about addressing the problem now, considering its the new year and all).

I have only had Brain Damage, Pleurisy and Pneumonia Leukaemia and Colitis in my life so far, meaning I should last long!! :crazy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom