Depressing living here. Any ideas about moving abroad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
London is an amazing city and arguably the best city in the world. And I say that not just because I was born there.

[QUOTE 3620670, member: 45"]Yeah. I've lived there.[/QUOTE]

Weeks? Months? Years?

Funny how it's one of the most desirable cities in the world to live in.

I wouldn't live there, but I would never say it's 'shite'. But then, I'm not so narrow-minded.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
London is an amazing city and arguably the best city in the world. And I say that not just because I was born there.

We were both born in London but I guess we grew out of it. Too fast, too noisy, too dirty, too cramped, too expensive and a place where what you have or don't have matters far too much. Plus it's full of middle aged right-on men wearing silly scarves, flat caps and jackets that are two sizes too small. :laugh:

Seriously, we rarely go back (except for weddings, christenings and funerals) and cannot stand the place.

Mind you, when our family come up here it is too dark (no streetlights) and hence scary, too quiet in the middle of the night, the sheep are too noisy, the rooster is too noisy, the birdsong is too noisy and it's boring as there is nothing to do! Plus the kids ask why people they don't know say hello - seriously!

And the big picture windows at the front of the house freak them out as we don't have curtains (only woods to the front of the house) and the blackness at night makes them feel uneasy!

Each to their own!

London is one amazing city. Never a dull moment. I recall during one visit I happened to walk by Trafalgar Square on a Saturday morning and could hear the steel bands of the Caribbean. Stumbled upon some festivals where about 20 steels bands and some with 20 over members from the young to the old banging away. Spent the whole morning having one enjoyable concert for free. Bands would take turns belting out their version of the coolest and the best.

[QUOTE 3620652, member: 45"]Awesomely shite.[/QUOTE]
It's about balancing making it awesome for those we want and making it look shite for those we don't.

screenman

Legendary Member
North or South, Cyprus that is. Some of the most miserable people I have ever met are Brits abroad.

Last edited:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I think the OP should take a holiday in the north east, according to @Archie_tect it never snows, the sun is always out and it's positively tropical.
nonononono....it's grim up here in't North East. The air is so black you can chew it. We don't have any beaches, or countryside. We don't have any castles, catherdrals, abbeys, or priories. There isn't a single inch of riverside, and the people are all evil barstewards with bitey little whippets on bits of string. Nothing to see here. Stay at home, don't bother coming this way.

Top Bottom