Depression. It's back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

agreed..a goal / challenge is good, but for me anyway it needed to be something that i chose to do, as opossed to something someone else thought would be a good plan for me. I also found it important to be realistic in th egoal. Mine were:

1) Get on the bike
2) Keep riding
3) Around East Anglia or bust
4) Keep riding every day in the winter
5) Bodensee or bust
6) Montpellier or bust
...now I need a new aim...'cos I am drifting..
right now I adjusted my aim back to 4) above because that is realistically achieveable and needs doing...but in my mind I am thinking about next years tours again..and getting this dam wrist healed.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Are you looking for suggestions? Ventoux springs to mind...:eek:

OP
OP
T
Bloody buggering ****.

Thought I was doing ok, but meltdown at the weekend and today. SWMBO blew up at me over a lot of things, it's true I've been wrapped up in myself recently but that's because I've had to be. I don't know what I'm feeling any more - is this really how I feel or is it the meds? Trying to get used to a whole new way of thinking and doing things and it's really difficult, so I've not been giving her as much attention or around the house and she went gerrity. FWIW, I'm very much a modern man - cook, clean, wash clothes, make bread, put LO to bed, I'm not a slob.

And today I'm supposed to be working at home but simply can't. Feel completely fraudulent and like I'm ripping my employers off. This is shoot.

Bigtallfatbloke

...I have been med free for about 3 weeks now aftet ten years on the dam things (just hope I can stay so). I am starting to realise how mixed up those bloody pills make you in the head...maybe the fog is clearing...but I suspect they cause as much confusion as the illness itself sometimes.

...some people outside of your head dont understand what its like in there, some try to understand, but never really do. Some just dont give a shoot. I dont think pills are the answer (long term anyway)...sometimes a clear head is required so that crucial decisions can be made, making the right choices can be bloody difficult, but taking those decisions/different forks in the road are what is required to bring back happiness, tough but true, sometimes change is what should be prescribed over yet another pack of pills.

Sameness isnt always good, risks can go wrong, but more often than not they work out, or at least set you on a different route. I believe the cure for depression is change...for which there is often a price to pay, but hopefully that price is worth paying for happiness.

....Iwouldnt worry about your employers...if they are decent peeps they will understand and allow you some time out if necessary. Go hit a punchball or something...then try to figure out what changes need making....well that is what I would do now...but havent been able to do for 10 years...so wtf do I know. Good luck anyway.

Top Bottom