Derailleur Hanger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stann

Regular
Hello, hope you're having a splendid day! I am looking for a derailleur hanger for my bike and was wondering if there is anything I need to look out for when choosing one? I am hoping to attach a shimano ultegra 6700 rear derailleur as I have just got some new 10 speed sti shifters and need to convert from an old friction shifter sachs-huret derailleur (which had the hanger built in). The frame is a reynolds 453 if that helps! Any other info I'm missing?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
They're a standard part - one of these

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I always thought a hanger is a hanger. Seems strange your frame doesn't have one incorporated with your drop out, although 453 was a budget single butted tube so stays and dropouts could be anything.

albion

Guru
I assumed every bike was different when I found I could not swap them round on my bikes.

I ended up hitting a slightly crooked one with a mallet to straighten it.

OP
OP
Stann

Stann

Regular
Thanks for the help guys! The couple of hangers I looked at said they fitted certain derailleurs so was a bit unsure, and they were also 3x the price of the one in TheDoctor's link!

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Hello, hope you're having a splendid day! I am looking for a derailleur hanger for my bike and was wondering if there is anything I need to look out for when choosing one? I am hoping to attach a shimano ultegra 6700 rear derailleur as I have just got some new 10 speed sti shifters and need to convert from an old friction shifter sachs-huret derailleur (which had the hanger built in). The frame is a reynolds 453 if that helps! Any other info I'm missing?

Chance is the distance between the rear dropouts is not 130mm and if so you will have to cold set the frame's rear triangle.

Top Bottom