derailleur woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarygerbil

hi guys
i have recently got a Stuart Sincliar TT frame on an impulse buy.
when i was dry fitting wheels I noticed that there seems to be very limited clearance for the front derailleur to be attached to the the down tube (see photo), i don't want to put a brase on it so any ideas. Its been suggested that it could of been set up for 650 wheels and not 700 but not sure. Any ideas please
Also while i am here does anyone know of these bikes i believe they were built in a bike shop in Corby

DSC_1197.JPG DSC_1195.JPG DSC_1197.JPG

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Lovely looking bike, but there's no clearance hey. What size tyres are they 25c or 23c - you might just find some clearance with a tyre swap. How far back is the wheel at the axle to the frame, any way of pushing it back a tad?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
hi guys
i have recently got a Stuart Sincliar TT frame on an impulse buy.
when i was dry fitting wheels I noticed that there seems to be very limited clearance for the front derailleur to be attached to the the down tube (see photo), i don't want to put a brase on it so any ideas. Its been suggested that it could of been set up for 650 wheels and not 700 but not sure. Any ideas please
Also while i am here does anyone know of these bikes i believe they were built in a bike shop in Corby

View attachment 144145 View attachment 144146 View attachment 144145
I thought my TT bike was tight but that is closer

DSCN0055.JPG

That is with 25s on, I was told the frame was probably built for tubs

Can you get a braze-on front mech mount?
Re 650C, do the brake block line up with 700c rims?

midlife

Guru
As Biggs682 says the frame might be made to run a single chainset, often the drive side chainstay isn't flattened so can't run a double...

Shaun

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

thanks
it did have a front mech as the boss is there for the shifter and there are marks on the downtube were it was fitted.
as there is not many category 3 climbs in norfolk i will just go for a single for now. Any recomendations for a group set i was thinking of shimano 600 to match the headset (please note i am over 50 and dont do comps)

Top Bottom