Derby vs. Forest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
therams said:
Just about to kick off, anybody interested or even care?

Guess the result I want?

No

No

Don't know/care

(not a football fan, but it takes all sorts):blush:

longers

Legendary Member
It'll be interesting to see how young Clough gets on, but that's long term not the result of a match between two teams with new managers (one of whom happens to be a poison dwarf :blush:)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Not interested.
Although, a teacher at school is a big fan of Derby, and often says how they are very good, and most kids at school support Forest, so it could be good on Monday, depending on who wins.

OP
OP
therams

therams

Looking good, not often I get to watch the fotty now we don't have sky.

Friday night in, wife and kid in London, a result even before kick off!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've just re-read Brian Clough's autobiography by co-incidence, and it would be nice to see Nigel doing something with Derby.

I feel a bit sorry for Forest though, it must be like the two European Cup wins never happened. And they achieved it without buying up half of Europe.

Willow

So wanted Derby to win against ManU in the week even though my son is a Man U supporter.

Funtboy

therams said:
Looking good, not often I get to watch the fotty now we don't have sky.

Friday night in, wife and kid in London, a result even before kick off!

You could actually go to the game like you part-timer - or can they not fit your armchair through the turnstiles?:biggrin:

OP
OP
therams

therams

Funtboy said:
You could actually go to the game like you part-timer - or can they not fit your armchair through the turnstiles?:biggrin:

I hear what you are saying, I have plenty of excuses, non of which stand up really.

I thought long and hard about getting a season ticket this year, but as my son was born in July, glad i did not in a way. Have no time for much these days, that why I got back into bikes, I have to get to work some how:biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Not bothered either way tbh. Was a big fan of Brian Clough tho. Not many colourful characters left in football these days :becool:

PS I've just read Geoff Thomas' book Riding through the storm, should be of interest to football/cycling fans :biggrin:

yello

Only one team in the East Midlands! :biggrin:

But I did admire Forest under Clough, in a footballing sense of course, they played some beautiful football. I really hope Nigel can be judged in his own right but have learned something and aspire to the same values.

Reminds me of one of my favourite footballing memories... Forest up 3-0 or 3-1 against Crystal Palace in a cup (FA??) replay. 10 minutes to go, Cloughie subs off Neil Webb.... and doesn't replace him! Apparently "the lad had done enough"... and he opted to play the rest of the game with 10 men! Take the piss or what!!!

Top Bottom