Descente Aero-X Bib Tights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
dithering on the Descente tights for that reason, chest and inseam and waist seems a silly way to size bib tights

how tall are you longers and let me/us know what size you got and how they fit, suspect I'm somewhere between L and XL

I like the blue, on screen anyway

ChrisKH

Guru
Tynan said:
dithering on the Descente tights for that reason, chest and inseam and waist seems a silly way to size bib tights

how tall are you longers and let me/us know what size you got and how they fit, suspect I'm somewhere between L and XL

I like the blue, on screen anyway

Ditto. Sizeing's always been an issue for me. Managed to get a pair of Bib tights that fitted from Decathlon but they were XL. I'm 5' 11" , 43" chest.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
just checked my dhb tights and they're XL, and just checked Wiggle and there's one pair of the Descente longs in stock so I bought them, and then I wanted the free fiver voucher so I slung in some 3/4s too

free delivery, two pairs with change from a £55 note

fingers crossed

longers

Legendary Member
Different size to you Tynan. Medium fits me nicely.

I did what you did and got the knickers (first time i've said that about shopping for myself) and used the £5 voucher. The longs are a royal blue and the knickers are a petrol sort of blue colour. Doesn't bother me though.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
the longs and the erm ... 3/4s are different colours?

they look triff in the rather swish pictures and the rrp is fairly hefty and the blurb is rather whizzy

can only be disappointed I suppose

simonali

Guru
Well, they came very quickly on account of my forgetting to tick the free delivery bit (doh!). As stated above, the knickers aren't quite the same blue as the pic on Wiggle, but seem very well made and are of a summer weight i.e. not a Roubaix type material.

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
got mine today and they look nice, regular mid blue rather than the sexy blue on wiggle

look nice, I like the mesh narrow straps, hopefully better in warmer weather

I'm a gonna wear a pair home this evening

we can all discuss how we liked them on Monday init

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
right, wore the longs home, bit nippy and steady turning to heavy drizzle

the Descente XLs are a lot bigger then the dhb XLs, just small enough all over and at least an inch if not two too long in the leg, christ knows what sort of freak they think is an XL in Canada

much lower cut above the waist which bodes well for summer, thin mesh straps

material very light, no brush finish of any kind, after the dhb tights they felt rather racy and skimpy, liked the blue a lot though, bright and bold, shocking clash with the PI Star Trek security top though

the Phantom pad was interesting, it felt bulky to walk in, perhaps because the tights weren't so erm ... tight but it did, once in the saddle feel very thin indeed although it was certainly there and doing the job so good I guess other than feeling a bit dodgy walking in

think that's it, hopefully them and the 3/4s will be good fun later in the year, perhaps a cheeky 40 degree wash to make them a tad smaller

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
returned mine, they were just a bit too big at XL to be comfortable, caught out by the Italian XL dhb tights being a regular Canadian L I suspect

Wiggle refunded without a quibble, credit to them, and they don't sell them anymore which is a bummer because I liked them and would have order them in a L like a shot

Top Bottom