Desert Island Discs choices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The Bible would make good kindling, prop up a badly made table leg and an excellent prop for the deportment excercises. Only a fool would turn it down:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Record, Handsome Johnny by Richie Havens
Book, Stig of the Dump. A bit short really, but i would want something 'fun'
Luxury, a machine with a real b'stard fault on it...keep me going for days, weeks even.
Troube is, i'd need a 3 phase supply, air compressor and a full tool kit, manuals and a shed load of spares. How sad is that :blush:

Willow

Music - You've got a friend - Carole King

Book - basic diy and how to escape from a treasure island(anon) comes with a free tool kit (If it isn't in print I'll find someone to do it before I go!)

Luxury - a comfy pillow

derall said:
I'm not a great fan of David Walliams, but I think that he made a splendid choice on DID last Sunday:

Likewise I decline the offer of a bible.
I'm kind of with you on the Bible front, except for that on a holiday, some years ago, I ran out of reading material and started on the copy of the Bible that was hanging around in the accommodation. It's mad! Madder than a sackful of mad snakes all biting each other! Utter, jaw-dropping loony weirdness, and that's just the first few chapters! I think it would be a valuable source of entertainment once you've exhausted the other book you've got.

Record - John Denver's Greatest Hits

Book - A full set of OS Landranger 1:50,000 maps

Luxury - A really extravagant hat

A copy of Mr Denver's finest once cushioned me from the horror of a post-A level family holiday. I'm as happy with an OS map as I am with a book and a full set would enable me to layout the entire country, thus achieving a lifelong ambition. If I'm alone on an island then I'm probably going to go completely mad. If I'm going to go mad then I'd like to start my own religion and you can't do that without really good headgear.

Right then

Music - Where the Streets Shine played live by Cornerstone Worship Group.
Book - Clive Cussler's latest Dirk Pitt novel.
Luxury - A computer and an internet connection so that I can continue to chat with all my friends on CC:laugh: (oh yes and a solar panel (green and eco-friendly) to power it).

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Maverick Goose said:
Record-Pink Moon by Nick Drake
Book-English Food by Jane Grigson
Luxury- A bottle of Talisker

Asa God on this thread, you can have a lifetime's supply of Talisker;)

....or at least a marooned times supply

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
'The People United Will Never Be Defeated' by Frederic Rzewski.

'Remembrance of Times Past' by Marcel Proust

C50. (If Keith and I were on the same desert island we could have races and compare lugs) (but if cycling were really impossible I'd take the C40)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Headgardener said:
Right then

Music - Where the Streets Shine played live by Cornerstone Worship Group.
Book - Clive Cussler's latest Dirk Pitt novel.
Luxury - A computer and an internet connection so that I can continue to chat with all my friends on CC:laugh: (oh yes and a solar panel (green and eco-friendly) to power it).

i believe the op specified no communications devices…

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Aargh... I can't do these things. So long as I can have different choices, if I ever get marooned on another desert island later, here's mine:

Music: Complete works of Thomas Tallis, which I would listen to very sparingly because his work is almost overwhelming.
Book: The New Larousse Encyclopedia of Mythology. The whole world is in there.
Luxury: A crate of notebooks and pencils. I might as well write poetry and a novel or two whilst I was there, and draw... if there was nothing to do on the island, there is plenty to discover inside.

Music: Steve Reich complete works
Book: Debussy complete piano works (or Bartok, can't decide)
Luxury: A piano

I would take my accordion but they don't like being outside. The bellows would get damp and it wouldn't work. That said pianos don't like being outside either but at least they can be tuned.

got-to-get-fit

Willow said:
Music - You've got a friend - Carole King

Book - basic diy and how to escape from a treasure island(anon) comes with a free tool kit (If it isn't in print I'll find someone to do it before I go!)

Luxury - a comfy pillow

errrrmmmmm......apart from you havent have you, being on a desert island. Would that song not drive you up the wall as it taunts you with cool irony

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
The Bible would make good kindling, prop up a badly made table leg and an excellent prop for the deportment excercises. Only a fool would turn it down:biggrin:

That's my thought. One could also take up Origami.

You are, though, allowed to swap the Bible for another religious book, if yoou wish. But you can't swap it for just any other book.

Also the luxury mustn't be for communication or escape, or even all that useful. Vic Reeves tried to ask for 'a decommissioned ship'.

Top Bottom