Desert Island Food?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While buttering my toasted, home-made, bread this morning I found my self pondering.

If you had to restrict yourself to one or two food items, for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

For me, toast and marmalade is deffo on the shortlist

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A curry, especially a Pathia or Dansak.
Mexican spicy beef Burrito
Beer
Tea

That'll do me.

PK99

Legendary Member
Can't do one/two food items, but, as a dedicated carnivore, my Desert Island cuisine would be Indian vegetarian - an infinite variety of flavours and textures!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Poached eggs and buttered toast for me.

So my desert island would have to have a wheat field to grow the wheats to make the flour for the bread and chickens for the eggs and butter.

Do you have to pollinate the chickens to keep them laying eggs? Or is it the other way around, keep them unpollinated?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
How many here would have the skills to survive on a desert island though? @Drago obviously, he would fashion a bow and arrow out of pasta and make a buffalo trap with his underpants. @mudsticks , goes without saying. But would the rest of us know how to grow venisons?

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Poached eggs and buttered toast for me.

So my desert island would have to have a wheat field to grow the wheats to make the flour for the bread and chickens for the eggs and butter.

Do you have to pollinate the chickens to keep them laying eggs? Or is it the other way around, keep them unpollinated?

How are you going to get butter from the chickens?

Top Bottom