Design Research Survey for Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nthomson

Hello all,

I am in the process of conducting thesis research for my senior industrial design project. In order to reach out to as many people as possible, I have decided to post my survey/questionnaire to multiple different forums. I would appreciate any responses to my research and this will help me greatly with the redesign of my final prototype. You may take this survey multiple times if any of the answers for the first question apply to you. Simply reopen the webpage and click a different answer for the first question to proceed.

The link to my survey is below:
https://qtrial2019q1az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bOuiLsLWcHww0pn

I really appreciate your input!

Nik

D

Deleted member 26715

Sorry dude but after you answer No to not wearing a helmet it's a bit pointless continuing

Lozz360

Veteran
I was a bit surprised that one of the options the responder could give to the question about reasons for replacing your helmet, was that the helmet “...no longer fits”. Then I realised that the survey is probably aimed at children as well as adults.

OP
OP
N

nthomson

Sorry dude but after you answer No to not wearing a helmet it's a bit pointless continuing
I was having a bit of trouble with the display logic ending the survey after that response was given. I still appreciate you taking the time to participate!

I dont understand this. Why would you have a helmet questionnaire on a cycling forum?
I figured one of the best resources for user-centered research on the topic would be the multiple communities of cyclists in online forums. In addition to material research and testing, my studies have allowed me to develop functional prototypes as a means of illustrating practical concepts.

A bit of background for those interested: Essentially, I have been working with and studying numerous sustainable materials (and composites) and investigating them for their feasible applications in modern manufacturing. I noticed a trend of many types of sports gear being stored for long periods of time and eventually thrown away. One of the possible applications I have been toying with is the idea of sports equipment that can be naturally recycled back into the environment after its product life is up. A composite I'm working with is being investigated as an alternative to extruded polystyrene (the inner foam liner of most bicycle helmets). I thought it would interesting to test the ability to replicate forms which normally are thrown out after they are damaged with a material that allows for composting instead. My research and iterative prototyping have mainly been proof-of-concept type product design utilizing new materials with an end goal of cutting down on waste.

Sudden lush hair growth maybe?
...or the opposite.

My spend on shampoo has slowly declined whilst my spend on face cream has risen.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Space Mumps?

latest?cb=20130110211920.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
I noticed a trend of many types of sports gear being stored for long periods of time and eventually thrown away. One of the possible applications I have been toying with is the idea of sports equipment that can be naturally recycled back into the environment after its product life is up.
Cycle sport is anathema to many cyclists who use bicycles for transport:sad:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom