Desire to cycle from AM - PM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I've had (almost) that experience, relatively recently.
I met a bike tourist who had toured in some wonderful parts of the world. Excited to talk I was hit with a boatload of statistics. Kms covered. Meters climbed. Gradients. Tyres, chains and cassettes consumed. Percentages of surfaces. A monotone readout.
One place in particular lit a fire within me and when I asked him what it was like he looked blankly. How did he feel? didn't help at all.
Of places we had in common I didn't recognise a single one because he was effectively speaking a different language to me.

Yeah I love hearing tales of where people have been. Particularly interesting if they’ve been somewhere I went a good couple of decades back, to find how it has and has not changed.

Slick

Guru
Its obviously just your bodies natural biorhythm, and anyone who has ever worked a physical job would agree with your assessment. An hour in the morning is worth 2 in the afternoon. :okay:

Jameshow

Veteran
Its obviously just your bodies natural biorhythm, and anyone who has ever worked a physical job would agree with your assessment. An hour in the morning is worth 2 in the afternoon. :okay:

Nope more likely to ride in the evening except if I've planned a century obvs. Guess I'm an owl!!

Milzy

Guru
I thought this thread was about a person wanting to ride an all day epic endurance ride. :sad:

Mburton1993

Über Member
It's the traffic that puts me off cycling in the afternoons, both road and foot. Sunday just gone for example I went for a ride to and around a local reservoir at 06:20 and it was great, mostly had the road to myself for the journey and only a dozen or so walkers whilst at the reservoir, it would have been busier in the afternoon.

The full moon and then the sunrise was nice too.

Alex321

Veteran
It's the traffic that puts me off cycling in the afternoons, both road and foot. Sunday just gone for example I went for a ride to and around a local reservoir at 06:20 and it was great, mostly had the road to myself for the journey and only a dozen or so walkers whilst at the reservoir, it would have been busier in the afternoon.

The full moon and then the sunrise was nice too.

But is that because it was morning, or because it was early morning? I doubt it would have been as quiet at 10:00 as it was at 06:20.

I certainly understand the preference for cycling when there isn't as much traffic around though.

Jameshow

Veteran
I don't like afternoon Saturday / Sunday / BH too busy.

If I can I'll get the whole day and go for a century ride if possible getting back to suburbia / countryside honeypots after they have quietened down.

Last edited:

geocycle

Legendary Member
Much prefer setting off in the mornings. It has been really frustrating pacing around waiting for ice to melt of late. I very rarely set off after lunch it just seems more faff.

Top Bottom