Desktop PC for parents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
They don't need anything whizzy...my mum doesn't even know what an app is bless her

Try to steer clear of Windows 8 then, if you can. It's very appy indeed and takes some fiddling to get used to. No idea why Microsoft thought that was a good idea...used to it now, but would take Windows 7 over 8 on any day of the week...

Last edited:

Doseone

Guru
I just bought a couple of these for the kids a month ago, they've been really good so far.

These are serious value - Core I3 processor for £289.

The company were great - arrived next day even though I didn't pay for next day delivery (delivery was free). My mate sells and repairs computers for a living and uses them all the time, says they're a great company to deal with.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
What?!?! From the interweb??!! Sounds good to me :smile:

I just had problems navigating around everything else, but you can shortcut most things onto the desktop / toolbar, so once it's all set up it's ok anyway - just felt as though they'd given me too many options at first :okay:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
We've had ours for nearly 10 years and it's solid.
Yep. Although I have one that originated on XP (no longer supported, so running Win 7) that gripes about its chipset not having a Windows 7 driver, and a hard-disk that's not "Dell Approved". (It works fine, but it's irksome.)

andyfraser

Über Member
I quite like Windows 8.1. The start screen has grown on me and the non-modal copy and move dialogs are really useful to me. I like the stats on them too.

Top Bottom