Despite potholes and a few bad drivers THIS is why I ride a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankpoet

Veteran
I initially cycled because I needed to get a few miles on my legs ready for an event but weirdly now, a few weeks later, on the days when I don't commute by bike I really miss it - so I cycle 'cos it makes me feel good.
 

Kookas

Guru
Location
Exeter
On nice days I ride to work because I like it and the 40 mile round trip means I can eat whatever crap I like!

When it's cold and raining at 6am on a February morning, I still ride to work by reminding myself that every year I save myself the cost of a business class return to San Francisco by not buying rail tickets. Christ knows what I do with that money though because I don't seem to get £2000 richer every year!..

Maybe try putting the money you would've otherwise spent on train tickets into a savings account.
 

Nigelnaturist

Legendary Member
Location
Pontefract
One commute I have to do every week, its only a short 5 miles 20 mins or so, beats the the two buses or 15 min walk bus (20-25mins) and another 10 min walk +£4 it would cost in that alone I save £192 a year more than enough for general maintenance.
 
Love the freedom and the fresh air I'm breathing commuting to work
Rather than sitting on buses that are always late, breathing in peoples weed and never getting a seat
and best of all it keeps me fit
 
OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Location
'ampsheeeer
Doubtful you burn 300 calories after 6 miles
According to this its 182 (210 pounds weight, 30 mins average)
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp

Different calculators often say different things.
 

uclown2002

Guru
Location
Harrogate
Online calculators are next to useless; most of them give widely different figures! Even my two garmin devices (FR70 and Edge 800) on the SAME ride using a HRM can differ by up to 40%.
 
Top Bottom